Used 2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 337 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Ford Escape
By elaina

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really fun vehicle. It is just the right size for long road trips, running errands, and every day use.

The safety features that include sensors in the seat that automatically disable the airbag with weight applied. Head rests are perfectly positioned for comfort and safety.

The only issue I have is that I need an interior light for inserting the ignition key when it is dark.

Exceeds Reviews
By Tee

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Escape exceeded my expectations. It has AWD with a peppy V6 and I still get 20 mpg in the city. It is a wonderful vehicle to own and it is extremely fun to drive. I also love the simplicity, yet functionality or the instrument panel. I give this vehicle an A.

Huge moonroof, comfortable leather seats, 6 disc CD in dash w/ excellent sound.

New brake pads to minimize dust.

PERFECT & Lovin' the No Boundries Package
By Jennifer

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE my new SUV. I am petite and had trouble finding a vehicle that was comfortable to drive, but the Escape gave me comfort and so much more. It's small enough that I don't feel like I'm driving a tank, but still has a roomy interior. I LOVE the exterior and interior of my No Boundries package. Could not be happier!

No Boundries package, fog lights, interior & exterior style and pretty much everything!

Wider seats & more horsepower in the V6.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
By Holly

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Poor gas mileage, about 250 miles per tank. Tank is only 16.5 gallons. That is the only complaint I have.

6-disc in-dash CD changer. Automatic sensor in passenger seat automatically turns airbag on or off when passenger sits in seat; sensor also senses if carseat is in front seat and adjusts airbag for that.

Larger gas tank, one cup holder not in center (blocked by console) or away from other cup holder.

Not bad
By drlee

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Not bad for an American car. I really bought it because my son works for Ford so I got a great discount plus the fact that my 94 Ford Ranger got me $2,000 more for a trade-in than Honda or Toyota would have given me. Sits high, fun to drive, great in snow! Overall I'm very pleased, but wish it would get better mileage.

Safety features, AWD, sits high, and overall flexibility.

More comfortable seats, a telescoping steering wheel, gas tank should be bigger considering the gas mileage it gets, it should get better gas mileage for a 6 cylinder. Needs better quality interior like that in the Ford 500 automobile (really sharp).