Used 2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Fun to drive
By Escape

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a new Ford Escape and it is just a fun SUV to drive. I leased it and I ended up getting the 4 cylinder. Before I test drove it I thought I would never buy a car with a 4 cylinder, but after driving it I found out the 4 cylinder has a lot of zip. I brought it home and my kids always want to drive it, they love it too. I would definitely recommend buying an Escape.

I have a power moonroof and it is wonderful.

I didn't find a need for any improvements.

Great little vehicle
By Jeffrey Scott

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have two Escapes and this is the second "set" of them that we have purchased and we love them. They are a great small SUV and we can use them for just about anything. We are going to try the new hybrid model next year!

We like everything about them.

Maybe a little bit more interior room would be nice but not necessary.

Very Satisfied
By H. Mayo

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently traded in my Jeep Cherokee which I loved but had a lot of maintenance problems with it. I decided on the Ford Escape and it went through its first winter with no problems. I love the cargo space which is more than the Ford Explorer 2004 has in it. Enjoy. Definitely a great buy.

6 CD changer.

More arm room.

Great Vehicle
By Brian Yee

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Escape last December and it hasn't let me down yet. It's quick and comfortable like a car, like a quick car, and it still rides right over the bumps like an SUV. I can fit a lot in the rear area, including a few surf boards or my dogs crates. All of the seats in the back fold down and they are all comfortable. The front seat is fully adjustable and it feels really nicely put together, like a really stiff nice ride. The 6 CD changer is nice, but the speakers could be a little better. There are enough room for cups and CDs or whatever else. It looks great and it feels wonderful to drive, I really recommend going and driving an Escape for yourself.

Engine speed and Power, Small size outside, big inside, the tight construction and ease of driveability.

The speakers! I think that is possibly the only thing wrong with this vehicle.

747 Review
By k. brown

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a new SUV that would give better gas mileage and performance than my Jeep Cherokee. I found it in my new Limited Escape. The 6 is really snappy and I get 20+ miles in combo driving. For a less expensive SUV I got a great deal and am very satisfied.

Looks great, not boxy.