2001 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Good SUV

2001 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Good SUV
By Michelle M on

2001 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Escape in 2003 with 8,000 mi on it. It's now 2009 with only 70,000 mi on it. I keep up great maintaince on it. I have made several minor repairs on it until recently. The spring broke in the gear shift, so you have to mess with the gear shift when you put in park so you can get the key out. I had to replace the IAC motor, new spark plugs, stabilizer bar and link. Replace a lifter and cam shaft. This was very expensive. I still like it though. I'm thinking on buying a new one. I just hope they have improved.

I like the exterior shape of it. The 4wd is great it St. Louis and Illinois snow. Very roomy backseat and trunk area. Gas mileage is'nt so bad. It's a great vehicle for me. I also like all the added features including the running boards and luggage rack. It's white, which looks sharp!

Manufacture better brake rotors. Sunroof sometimes doesn't open or close. Alot of driving noise. Would like to see AC for feet only and more comfortable seats. I wouldn't recommend leather seats. Very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review