Used 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Coolest vehicle I've ever owned!
By Mooline

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid has surpassed my '71 Firebird as the coolest car I've ever owned. It's great to have the load capacity of an SUV on the same gas mileage as the Camry Hybrid. Driving this vehicle is a fun challenge - to see how efficient you can be! Technique definitely matters - no jackrabbit starts, coast as much as possible, avoid excessive speed and you'll see 32-33 mpg without a problem. I live in South FL and so far, no problems with the a/c on economy mode; car stays cool with the fan & recirc. air. I did a lot of research before buying. Settled on this vs. Camry Hybrid (equivalent in style & fuel economy) due to max. tax credit, lower price, better load capacity.

Comparatively low purchase price. Fuel economy. Fuel Management System (part of navigation system). Cargo capacity. Seating comfort for 4 adults. Satellite radio

Some rough edges on plastic trim; cargo net would be nice...but think about it - this is the worst I can say?

I love my Escape Hybrid!
By Becky

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so happy I bought this car! I traded in my BMW X5 and year later I know I made the right decision. I am getting about 35mpg vs the 10mpg in the X5. I highly reccomend this car. I also got a $4000 tax credit from the IRS for purchasing a hybrid vehicle. The dealership doesn't want you to know that because they are trying to sell the non-hybrid versions. If you have to have an SUV this is a great truck!

MPG!

Fords Escape AWD Hybrid
By rich rice

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

3,789 miles and averaging 30 mpg with awd drive model. No problems what so ever. Interior could use some more padding on door arm rest and drivers seat could use more adjustment for tall drivers. I highly recomend the car. also a bigger battery so the hybrid could run more on battery

Radio system rocks. Computer on dash tells your your mileage and the GPS built in is great

Set up to run on more on battery for even better mileage. Less unpadded plastic in the interior.

Feeling High End Green
By Andy Rosamilia

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is everything I wanted and I feel so good about helping the environment. The mileage is still improving at 29.8 MPG. I have 4x4 for winter and offroad driving and the features are top shelf.

The stereo system rocks!

I like a little more ground clearance when I am guiding fisherman and take the vehicle down some remote two tracks.

Love this car!
By MT

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Escape and had to wait 1 week for delivery, loaded has everything possible. Sleek Black w/Chrome trim. Love the drive, roomy inside, and good gas mpg. Traded in Ford Eddie B. Escape and transition to Escape is seemless, only difference is Escape is much easier to drive, easy to steer and manuever, and park. Best decision I made in a long time.

Room, lots of leg room. Love the electric plug, Ipod hook up, & navigation system.

Nothing really.