Used 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Terrible fuel mileage
By GI JOE

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I average 21 mpg with a best of 24.3. I brought the SUV into Ford and they claim it gets 31.3mpg. I had an independent garage test it and it was 21 mpg. I checked it manually, and the on board PC fuel is on the money, 21 mpg. I have the AWD model and no matter what I do or how much I baby it I cannot get better than 24.3. The engine runs if any accessories are on. The engine also kicks in after 25 mph and right away if any upgrade. Overall I like the Escape hybrid, but I feel cheated after paying an extra $12,000 to be green. Figure 20% less mileage off EPA listing and the nav stinks. Maybe Ford should see what Toyota is offering. I own 2 new Fords but don't think I will again.

Easy to handle, drives well, comfortable and roomy.

A better NAV system, cd player w/NAV under seat issues. Meter to see battery charge. Better engine performance and most of all better fuel mileage! An auto power up window button.

Happy Hybrid
By gpcpilot

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love my new '07 Escape Hybrid. The "Refire" metallica paint virtually glows, catches admiring looks from folks and doesn't show dirt too readily. I do quite a bit of highway and mixed driving. I'm currently getting about 31.8 mpg, which I'm ecstatic about. That's twice the mileage I got from my 2001 V6 Ranger, the Escape replaced. The trucklette is roomy, pretty comfortable and fairly peppy. I see a long relationship with this little SUV.

Love how smooth the transmission (CVT) is and how quiet the drivetrain is in most conditions.

Drive-by-wire brakes need better feel and more linearity in action. Radio is okay, but my Ranger's base system sounded better than the Escape's upgraded (not Premium) version. Also radio lacks RDS feature.

Great Decision!
By gman

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really enjoy the decision to buy a Hybrid Ford Escape. The overall quality is excellent. The piece of mind knowing that I can have great gas mileage, protecting the environment and also not send money over to the Middle East is worth every penny. I also enjoy the same benefits of a regular SUV concerning cargo space and overall flexibility. The only downside is the interior design, very simple (I can't believe there is not a holder for a cell phone!) Overall, very happy with the purchase.

Great Value
By HLS

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun to drive. Handles well. Quick steering response. Adequate acceleration from a stop. Excellent acceleration for passing. Driving a lot of highway miles and still averaging 29. Have seen 33 in city driving. They could have done a better job on front seat creature comforts, i.e. cup holders, change holders and sun glass holder. Safety features were a consideration in buying. Road noise is a little loud but not terrible. Overall a great buy.

Improve the cup holders. Impossible to put 2 large drinks in them without keeping the arm rest open. Coin holder is worthless for anything but quarters.

First hybrid
By TeichRA

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle works as advertised. I find the mileage is a touch better than shown on the sticker.

Regenerative breaking.

The electric motor needs a bit more oomph off the line