Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford Edge Sport Review
By mikeyv823

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I could not stop thinking about the Ford Edge Sport model once I saw the new 2011 come out.
The black front grille, the body colored moldings & spectacular 22" wheels.
I've owned mine for 3 months and haven't seen another one on the road! That's how rare they are and how much you'll stand out.
I couldn't afford a new one so I purchased a 2011 demo in Nov '11 for 8k off sticker! Mine is red.
Interior is beautiful as well.
System is super super slow though.
It's an amazing technology but just not there yet.
It's slow to respond and sometimes frustrating but it's what's next.
If you have an iphone this screen will bug you because it's not as user friendly or responsive.
Still love it!!

The Wheels, how can you not love em?! The ambient lighting is super cool and you'll miss it when you drive or ride in a different vehicle at night, haha. The leather is awesome and seat heaters are nice. The LED front fog lights are sweet. I have keyless entry and push button start, automatic starter comes with it, wow, cool. Nav is good. Love the dual exhaust. Sport brake and gas pedals are pretty awesome looking. Did i mention the wheels!!! the chrome shines all day long. Back up camera works great and is a big help. Ride is comfortable.

The sync systems voice has an accent, i don't see how this is possible, she calls people i dont' want to call when I ask her to call Erin, a simple name. The radio on/off button doesn't work sometimes, ugh. The coin holder only likes to hold like 4 quarters! Automatic lift gate for the trunk gets annoying, no panic button to make it go back up. Speaking of panic button it's too easy to hit on the key fob, it gets pressed in my pocket and my alarm is goin off right outside! No light in the glove compartment???! I wish I knew when the headlights were on...it's set on automatic but a little light on the dash display would help me know they've come on. A little wind noise by driver door.

sync or sink?
By returnit

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am considering the 'lemon law' on this one!
Owned Chryslers and decided to switch based on technology and fuel efficiency.
Paid more than I paid for my first home and I am totally dissatisfied.
The 'sync' system rarely works, it resets itself during dangerous drive times without notification.
Ford says they are coming out with an update in early 2012.
Since it only gets 22 mile/gallon, and the technology stinks, why do I believe them?
$5,000.00 technology pkg. that Ford admittedly says won't work properly.
[violative content deleted]

If you are taller than 6ft., be sure and sit on the front passenger side. The seat will only go back slightly but will go forward enough to crush you! Hazard 'touch' button needs to be moved from center below screen as you activate when your palm touches it while trying to get sync technology to work!

Happy - still learning
By airdalechief

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buy 1wk ago. Not expert, but fairly tech savvy. Fun learning MyTouch etc. Love it. Works like a charm. After 3 years driving Rav4 (V6) it's a pleasure to feel solid vehicle under me again. Two complaints: 1: GPS gives only 1/10mi verbal advise of turn. INSUFFICIENT! This is a dangerous thing. Its accident waiting to happen. They need to fix this. Example: An aftermarket Magellan that I had in Rav4 gave verbals at 2mi; 1/2mi & approaching. That's how it should be done.
See Fav Features

Like the voice commands - so many to learn - but that's a good thing. Like the small supplemental screen in drivers instrument panel. Safer to glance than glancing a big screen. Rides like a dream. Very solid feeling. Comfortable seats.

3 complaints: 1: GPS gives only 1/10mi verbal advise of turn. INSUFFICIENT! This is a dangerous thing. Its accident waiting to happen. They need to fix this. Example: An aftermarket Magellan that I had in Rav4 gave verbals at 2mi; 1/2mi & approaching. That's how it should be done. 2. To change active phone for Sync must acccess account in PC. Not the same as Primary phone for MyTouch. You need to understand the system to know what I'm saying. Simple cure, make changeable from vehicle. 3. Need more storage space! Trunk not big enough. Spare takes all room. Also should be deeper. Should use all nooks and crannies in vehicle for additional comparments.

Battery and Transmission
By henry55

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2011 Edge on August 9, 2011.

Nov 4 car not stating good. Loss of power when driving.
Took to Ford garage said battery post needed cleaning and there was water whicht hey did not know where it came from.
Dec 2 once again noticed loss of power, I checked under hood battery very corrided.
Took to Ford garage I asked if maybe the battery could be defective they said they would not replace unless it tested no good.
It tested no good. New battery put in.
Dec 9 Took back to Ford garage not sounding good loud when shifting and slight vibration on brake pedal. Mechanic took it for a drive and said just wind noise I said it was not like that he said that was because I bought it in the

summer and it is now winter. He said he would take a 2011 off lot and listen for noise. Did not hear back. Phoned another Ford dealer (50 mins away). Took in Dec 17 found the transmission low on fluid. I still do not think it sounds as good as it should although some improvement. They could not find a leak said maybe not filled properly on assembly line. Now what.

2011 Edge SEL gas mileage
By oscar001

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase the edge new in April 2011. With only 1300 miles
on the car we took our annual trip from Florida to Seattle WA. on the trip of 4218 miles we averaged 24.98 mpg. On our return trip of 4065 miles we average 26.87 mpg, which is exceptional in my opinion. This was the reason the Edge was purchased. The car is quite and very smooth to drive, the six speed is great when going down grades it automatically downshifts to maintain cruise speed. I drive at interstate speeds but do not use jackrabbit starts, is probably the key to the good mileage I get. The car now has 14000 +miles and the more I drive, the better I like the for Edge.

When we bought the 2011 Ford Edge ,We downgraded from a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT, which took some getting used to less room in Edge and less driving comforts, such as mem driver seat and single disc instead of six CD. The Edge has some basic design flaws, ie, the parking brake pedal is in the way of the foot using left foot braking as I had for over 50 years, so I have learned to right foot brake again. The ford touch sync system is a complete joke, it broke down twice while in Seattle in the summer, the local ford dealer was very nice and repaired the system. Overall the sync sys,is so difficult to use that we don't use anything but the hands free cell phone feature. I wouldn't buy the sync again

1. Move the parking brake to the left near the side panel so the left foot isn't trapped. 2.Make the driver seat memory sys available on SEL trim also instead of Limited Trim only. 3. Make daytime running lights standard on all trim levels. 4. Make leather package only, a separate option on SEL not included only with ford touch and sync.