Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Good, but....
By 123max

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama.
It´s very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine.
Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Powerful, smooth drive and reasonable fuel consumption.

Improve post sale service offered by dealers.

Woefully inflated ratings
By rbrice1981

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Edge has one of the worst Consumer Reports Ratings and I have first-hand experience as to why. If you buy a 2011 Ford Edge, you are gambling and may be one of the 14% of owners whose MyFord Touch program/system is so faulty that it works less frequently than it malfunctions.
Ford was unable to fix my vehicle despite 8 attempts and a lawsuit.
In the end, I sued Ford and was awarded a settlement.
I am appalled at Ford's response to my real issues and because of this, my review for the Ford Edge is very negative.
I married into a Ford family who have all now vowed never to buy a Ford of any type again.

Sleek exterior design. Concept of the MyFord Touch template and system. Interior comfortable. Sound system was great.

Completely remove the MyFord Touch system. Replace it with a system that works. Ford: do what is right and refund customers the agreed upon value of the MyFord Touch when the MyFord Touch isn't working - OR take the vehicle back.

NIce
By bigg5512

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought used 2011 Edge Limited AWD, all the bells and whistles. Traded in 2008 expidition loved expi but needed better gas mileage. In the Edge I doubled my gas mileage and got a better looking and handling vehicle love the ford sync no problems so far. Owned for 5 weeks so far no problems.

My Sync, power, gas mileage, sunroof, front lights

none yet

Disappointed Owner -- Not 27 MPG!!
By mpg_shorted

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife a loaded 2011 Edge Limited. Great car, comfortable ride, nice interior and I love the 'glass cockpit'. Initial motivation moving to a Ford Edge was great horsepower and the MPG. Knowing that efficiency in modern engine and tranny combos greatly increased, I took the bait. From the first road trip I was greatly disappointed--the 27 MPG claim was a joke.

I should have known reading a similar review. Mistakenly thought my driving habits would make a difference.

Been driving with a soft foot since the 70s gas shortages--getting at least 1-3 better than any EPA ratings. Until the Edge. Highway driving at best gets me only 22-23.

Don't be fooled!

Improve mileage or stop advertising 27 MPG. I see that the 2012 model is rated at 30 MPG. Based on my very frustrating experience that dog probably doesn't hunt either. Let the exaggeration continue!

Don't buy, Sync system is worthless!
By koakai

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from an older BMW X3 to the Edge and now regret it! I've never been a fan of American cars and this is the first one I purchased in nearly 20 years. While I realize the Ford won't have the same performance as my BMW, I was intially impressed by the overall look of the Edge and lured in by the technology. The Sync and navigation system is virtually useless since I bought it six months ago and now being told there's nothing the dealer can do until Ford issues an another update. I've given up using all the features you see touted in the commericals because they don't work or work properly most the time. Do Not Buy a vehicle with Microsoft Sync!

Exterior styling.