Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

40 K and going strong
By bobmilan

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge is 13 months old and has over 44K miles due to mix of family and business use.
Very happy on both long trips and short.
Overall mileage is 26+ mpg with 28+ on long drives - impressive.

I agree that the ride is a bit harsh, but glad for solid handling when needed for avoidance or quick turns.
Glad that I bought extended warranty coverage considering recent reviews but I still hold hope of getting $$ back if not used.

Synch phone service works well as does I-phone podcast replays.
Agree that system is not ideal, but upgrade has helped.
Now pretty intuitive.

Gas mileage, V6 responsiveness and comments from friends impressed by styling. Reliability is perfect so far.

Ride is a bit harsh on bumps but solid on highway. Soften one and don't lost the other. Better front legroom for a 6'5" owner.

Good looking car, A/C and entertainment system not good
By togden

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great design, nice leather, great panaramic sunroof.

Negatives: entertainment system lacking, radio volume either very low or too loud, no setting for in between.
A/C lacking, either at full blast or too low, and blowing right on your or off.
A/C resets to Low 60 degrees every time we start a new trip. What happened to resuming my desired settings?

better entertainment system, better A/C and adjustable vents.

Do Not Buy a Ford Edge...
By palmspringspa

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Problems started in 1 week. I noticed the car veered to the right. I took it in and had alignment done and they said the front was out of alignment..(really... A new car?) well it still veered to the right so I took it in again... Another alignment... By this time I also started noticing all the Sync System problems... Well it still veered to the right, took it in again. Thats when I said I want my money back. The service manager said he found a fix. It was a sub frame problem and he found that out from an inner company memo... (really... Ford knew about this and still sold the car?) well.. After that it still veered to the right. 1 more alignment and still not fixed. So I hired an attorney!

None now

Give everyone who has had driving issues or sync issues all their money back. DO THE RIGHT THING FORD!!!

Good, but....
By 123max

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama.
It´s very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine.
Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Powerful, smooth drive and reasonable fuel consumption.

Improve post sale service offered by dealers.

Woefully inflated ratings
By rbrice1981

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Edge has one of the worst Consumer Reports Ratings and I have first-hand experience as to why. If you buy a 2011 Ford Edge, you are gambling and may be one of the 14% of owners whose MyFord Touch program/system is so faulty that it works less frequently than it malfunctions.
Ford was unable to fix my vehicle despite 8 attempts and a lawsuit.
In the end, I sued Ford and was awarded a settlement.
I am appalled at Ford's response to my real issues and because of this, my review for the Ford Edge is very negative.
I married into a Ford family who have all now vowed never to buy a Ford of any type again.

Sleek exterior design. Concept of the MyFord Touch template and system. Interior comfortable. Sound system was great.

Completely remove the MyFord Touch system. Replace it with a system that works. Ford: do what is right and refund customers the agreed upon value of the MyFord Touch when the MyFord Touch isn't working - OR take the vehicle back.