Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Living in the Edge
By Sam Gallucci

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle that drives well accelerates well with great comfort.

Please Think This Purchase Thru Carefully
By MommaKathy

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Yesterday morning I would have told you I love my Edge. Today it is junk. We bought our 2011 Edge used with 48,000 miles. It has been meticulously maintained and lovingly driven. We typically drive cars at least 200,000 miles and subscribe to the theory that if you take care of the car and replace parts when they need it, it will take care of you for a long time. Yesterday, two minutes after leaving my home, a light came on warning that my coolant was at a dangerous temperature. I had it towed only to discover that the water pump had failed and since it is internally located in the engine, it has destroyed my engine. I will either have to replace the engine, only to risk a repeat of this episode in 50,000 miles or so, or get another car. After researching this, I have found this is fairly common on the Edge, Flex, Taurus and F-150. Just to replace the water pump prior to catastrophic failure is over $2000 and they will fail at some point, folks.

Avoid!
By Ferjen

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge Limited is only 6 years old. Immediately after the warranty, the backup camera somehow inverted the image upside down. Cost would be hundreds to fix, so we never fixed. Ffwd to today, the car started sputtering on my wife and then shut down in the middle of an intersection. Ford tells us the entire engine seized up and will cost almost $7000 to repair! That is insane for a 6 year old car. And worse, they cannot tell us the cause without tearing it apart. The car was just serviced a month ago for an oil change and the brakes were just serviced 3 days ago. We gave the car 1 star for everything because a comfortable safe car is useless if YOU CANNOT DRIVE IT!

Very dependable fun ride!
By wayne toms

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle is really fun to drive, dependable and handles smoothly.

Ford Edge - 5 Year Life Span
By Michele Bond

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have (had) a 2011 Ford Edge Limited and maintained it according to service manual guidelines. I was out running errands on a Saturday and it quit moving. I had to get it towed to the auto repair shop and learned that it needs a new engine!!! Hello. That is a $7-8K repair for a car that is only 5 years old. Ford customer service was of little or no help other than to say that the car needs to be at a Ford dealership. Not happening...the car won't move and I would need to have it towed again. I suggested a 3-way call between me, Ford customer service, and the car repair shop, which was not possible.

Did I like the Ford Edge? Yes...loved it up until 3 days ago when it stopped working and needed a new engine. Definitely not reliable and not recommended. And, Ford is little or no help. I don't think that it is acceptable for a car manufactured in this day and age to only run for 5 years and then require an engine replacement.