Used 2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Built for my Foursome
By Byron

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had waited for the new Taurus sedan to come on the market because of all the good things I read about it, however, when it arrived to the showroom I could not sit in the drivers side and have any passengers in the seat behind me. Because I take my foursome golfing weekly I needed a car that would sit four and carry their golfing equipment. This was the vehicle and I love it! Fun to drive, comfort to travel in as you can see I've put almost 30,000 miles on it in my first year.

Ease in driving, ambient lighting, comfortable seats

It is difficult to fill the gas tank up as you have to baby the last three or four gallons into the tank.

2010 Edge Review
By S. W. Enman

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded a 2005 Ford Explorer for the Edge. Big difference in vehicles. The transmission in our Edge shifts smoothly most of the time. However, as noted in Edmunds review it is reluctant to shift going up hills. More concerning is the lurching it sometimes does when stopped at an intersection. Has anyone else experienced this? It actually startles us when it happens. Otherwise it performs ok.

Ride, Sync, Mileage is ok. Miss the 7 passenger seating of the Explorer.

The engine needs more power and the transmission definitely needs improvements.

What's the Beef?
By Ford Fan

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read all 2010 reviews. As a retired engineer. I am bewildered with the negative reviews. I have not had one problem with my 2010 Edge. The vehicle is as advertised. The fuel mileage is spot on as advertised. The handling and ride is mid-sized SUV quality.The more time we spend in the car, the more things we find to like. And now the all important comment, my wife loves the car.

Sync, seats, power tailgate, road handling.power down rear seats, wide opening rear hatch, backing alert, mirrors, no squeaks or rattles, powerful engine

The 6 speed transmission downshift seems to pause ever so slightly when pushed really hard. Not an issue on freeway driving, but can be annoying passing on the two lane back roads.

Enjoy my Edge
By Robert S.

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Mercedes for the Edge, with no regrets. I considered a Mercedes SUV; but that is like a Rolex clock radio, you just don't need it! I had owned several Ford's in the past, Explorer, Ranger, Taurus, all were great. The ride on the edge is not as refined as the Mercedes, but it is darn close, $30K less makes it even more comfortable. The sync system is a step above anything else I tested. I recently took the Edge on 3,500 mile trip out west and enjoyed every minute of the drive, fuel economy was better than predicted. The dealership has been on par, or better, than my high end import experiences. Ford has really stepped up and delivered again.

Sync system with weather radar and surface winds. Embedded wide-angle mirrors, really help. Roomy, comfortable ride.

The instrument cluster is difficult to read at twilight, day and night no problem. Cargo security is a must and needs to be improved. The shade (not that great, but effective) should be included.

Reporting a malfuncioning
By Ali

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ford Edge in may/10. on 10/06/2010 while my wife was driving the car noticed that the front wheel (driver side) was vibrating she slowed down to 35 MPH and pushed the brake pedal to stop the car but car vibrated more and moved to the left and hit into another car. I am wondering maybe there is a production problem.