Used 2009 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Fix or Repair Daily
By kimberly flynn

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems w/my edge! I had all my wheels replaced w/in the first 9mos of having it, speakers went out, electrical problems, vent broke, ignition replaced, and now my rear differential it being replaced! I am fed up w/this vehicle and for some reason its not a lemon by my states law! I am upset w/Ford Motor Company and my dealer that I bought from! I'm stuck in the middle of a terrible situation! Plus, My car has been in the Service shop 13 times equaling me to be their a total of 26 times! Tired of my car and I am really disappointed in this Ford that I have 2 fix on a regular basis! I truly dislike my days off now because I spend it in a waiting room for my car.

Air Conditioning problems
By Shelia

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned my 2009 Ford Edge for a year, and I loved everything about the car until my one year anniversary month. The air conditioner began going out at unexpected times. It would only blow air as if it were on the defroster setting. Nothing would When I took the car in to be repaired, the air would come back on and work properly. Later, the coolness of the air would vary from time to time. I never know when it will work, and when it won't. I work, and I don't have time to run back and forth to the service dept. I am also fed up with roasting in the heat when the air conditioner is out. I am paying a huge monthly payment for a car with little to no air conditioning 50 of the time.

Lemon Amongst Apples
By Gayle

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge after owning a Tahoe, what a difference in gas mileage. I like the SUV but I got a lemon. I have talked to multiple Edge owners and none have had my problems.This truck has major problems with the brakes I have brought it in multiple times to have them looked at for excessive pulsing in the brakes and it is still pulsing worst than ever. There is also a major smell in the cabin of oil burning. I brought the SUV in for that also but was told it was a bag in the manifold, that was 2 years ago and the smell still comes and goes. Well I guess its a good thing I leased the SUV. I know many Edges owners and they love it. Fr me I couldn't buy another one due to the experience I had.

Gas Mileage, handling,Comfort, Interior Room

Brakes, Smell of oil, warranty length (no faith in there product)

Ford Edge
By FordEdge

2009 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Use the vehicle daily for hauling our 2 children, and for work (lots of windshield time). Have had no problems what-so-ever with this vehicle.

This is the base SE model and the front seats are extremely comfortable and I only have the manual adjustments.

Improve upon the fuel economy. Gets the fuel economy of a 7 or 8 passenger crossover. My only complaint.

Just little issues
By Tom

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for work and I drive a lot of highway miles. I was hoping for better (averaging around 21 mpg) fuel economy then what I am experiencing. I have had a number of little issues from faulty wiring connectors to the radio mysteriousely turning off.

Handling, power, traction control on Fwd model excellent in heavy snow!

Electrical system reliability; Snyc wireless phone connection not as good as I had hoped.