Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Great Vehicle/Bad Mileage
By edge driver

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Vehicle. Looks Great, Drives Great. No problems so far. Gas Mileage Stinks!

Styling

Gas Mileage

Prove me wrong Ford
By Back to a Ford

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I said I would never buy a Ford again after many years ago having a bad experience with a Ford Dealer. After two Toyota Camrys(great car) I purchased a Ford Edge 2008 new. It has been a short time only 3 months and I am loving it. I test drove the Lexus Rx350, Nissan Murano and a few others. I agree with many others Ford has a winner. No car is perfect but if it lasts me for serveral years and runs great I will buy another one. Time will tell! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Love the vista roof and I think the inside gets a bad rap. I like it and think it looks sleek. My interior is the stone leather and light grey. I got in a Honda CRV but I did not want test drive it because the inside looked so cheesy even though it is a good car. I love the 22inch wheels very showy

Gas mileage can be better but I am glad it does take regular. Some of the colors look aliitle cheap. Ford-- stay with classic colors that look stunning. Trendy colors can make a car look cheap and the car will look dated fast.

Good, but not great
By VekinTexas

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I felt compelled to buy an American car due to the current economic crises. This is my first Ford & I really liked the exterior design. The car drove good & overall the interior is comfortable & roomy. After 8 months of ownership, I wish I'd bought foreign. While I have had no major issues, I feel American cars are still behind in design & quality. The AC is pathetic. The driver side does not blow. This is a bad thing in Texas. I inquired @ the dealership I have my oil changed @, the service manager told me it was a design flaw & they had tons of complaints, but there was no fixes for the issue. Not what I wanted to hear. The dashboard gauges are hard to see in low lighting conditions.

The exterior design is very appealing. The overall size of this car is good. Not too big & not too small. The interior is a clean design & is functional.

The air conditioner needs major improvement. Rear window on the hatch does not open. Gas mileage.

Edge to Edge
By Steelheadrod

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

never saw him Got T- Boned @40+ making a left on to nortbound Smokey Pt Drive, New car, back probs, leaving PT ( Back ) 5 pm Poor vis, low heavy clouds & Lt rain, Waited for BIG open spot in traffic flow both ways, found one large one after some smaller gaps, decided to wait for a car 1/3 of way into left gap turn signal on, check both ways again still looks great, wait to see tire on car turn into my road, as they turn I gently pull out into center turn lane, 15 Ft away the 4X4's comming hard & BAM! just had time to turn hard away both cars towed no injury to me at all car took it all! 15K & 60 days repair, Looks great! Tow's my boat better than my 06 4X4 Ranger FX-4 off-road nice ride/pep

Comfortable & spacious & Im 6' 225 pds, nice get up n go, well placed controlls & armrests, sweet music system ( 6 CD )+ hidden MP3 jack & Power outlet, love the power back seat drop control in back where u need it, get lot of complements on looks, (metalic-Red )

upgrade the color and texture of top of dash to reduce reflection in sunshine, add more HP for 20 mpg avg, 265 hp or whatever is OK but a 300+ hp would really add to the fun!

Solid CUV!!!
By Jonny A

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at the Subaru Tribeca, Nissan Murano and Mazda CX-7 we decided on an Edge Limited AWD. It compared very well against the competition in build quality, styling, materials and fit and finish. We belived the exterior styling to be the best of the bunch. The interior shines IMHO with a conservative, well designed layout using durable materials and easy, intuitive controls. The leather seating is nice with contrast stitching! The backseat felt the most comfortable and roomy of the 4. The sync system is outstanding, with nothing comaprable in any other vehicle we looked at; bluetooth+Cell=sweet. Little extras like puddle lamps and power rear liftgate are nice too. And the price!

leather seats; sync system (cell phone,iPod voice&steering wheel controls); homelink; tight turning radius; backup sensors; drivetrain; exterior styling; large center console storage with adjustable compartments + hidden USB & aux jack; power rear seat folding buttons in cargo area.

fuel mileage; larger digital radio display that matches LCD of driver info center in instrument cluster; back-up camera; Better speedo day-time visibility;