Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

2007 Edge
By Edge owner

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hit 50,000 and it seems like things are really deterioating with the Edge. I have had squeaky windows that have been repaired ($200) and now the accelerator wiring has to be replaced ($325). None of which is on warranty. I will not buy another Edge as a result and the rapirs make me wonder about Ford in general.

The roominess of the interior.

I LOVE MY 2008 FORD EDGE!!
By Annette

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Ford Edge in March 2008 after selling my car. We live in Wyoming where the winter weather can be a challange at times and we wanted something that had higher ground clearance and was AWD or 4WD. We took 2 weekends test driving every crossover vehicle on the market. We kept coming back to the Ford Edge. It is roomy, classy looking, AWD, we have 32,000 miles on it and are getting 23 MPG. I miss my little car's 30 MPG but Im not totally disappointed in my Edge's MPG wish it was getting 26-28 but 23 isn't real bad.

Comfortable ride, roomy, good sound system really enjoy the Sirius radio. Extra car charger plugs a plus.

Not happy with the vents near the radio, they dont turn and cant be turned off. Rear tail lights not real bright. Luggage rack came off when using a car carrier in New Mexico in high winds on the interstate.

Great Car for the Midwest
By Eric

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded from a 2004 Ford Freestar Limited to this, WOW! We get 24-26 MPG mostly freeway miles, which is a huge improvement. We love the fact the kids can watch the DVD with headphones while we listen to tunes. SYNC is great with the hands free it just freaks you out the first time you get a call. Living in Wisconsin this drives great in the winter weather, snow, and ice storms. The memory seat set is great. It is a spendy car but you get a ton of options. 17K miles and no problems!

Sirus radio, DVD, the overall look inside & out. Very Flashy!

I'm not thrilled with the A/c vents for the driver. If you want them to blow towards you they hit the steering wheel or your hands, not my face or body. But I can live with that.

Fun to Drive
By Pammy

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving has been a wonderful surprise. I had driven vans for 12 years and didn't feel like I traded away anything. It handles well and maneuvers like a champ around town and cruises the interstate highways.

Acceleration is fantastic, no lag time.

mixed
By fordowner

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because it was cute and i wanted a small suv so i dodnt have to cram my stroller into a trunk anymore. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I am a little disappointed because the carpet under the driver side has already pulled back and wire are showing, as well as the drivers seat underneath (my car only has 7k on it). The door rattles a little. There is no passenger handle to grab for assistance while getting in or for comfort while driving. There seems to be several blind spots. My biggest complaint is the ac. The vents only move down and you cant close them so you always have the air on you! my husband likes it cold so I am always uncomfortable when he drives

its fun to drive and its flashy

a/c vents, passenger ceiling handle, better job putting it together...