Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Great Car with Recent and Alarming Issues
By JJ

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2008 Ford Edge with 55k miles -

3 Times in the Last year when I have been attempting to accelerate- All of my warning lights turn on - My spedometer gets stuck at zero, and I am unable to accelerate above 5 miles per hour for a significant, and dangerous amount of time.

Took car into shop and they were unable to find any issues.
Looking online it seems many other people have had the same problem and ford is unable, or unwilling to address the issue.
Very Dangerous.

Love my 2008 Ford Edge AWD
By D Baker

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First owner of this vehicle. Absolutely love it. Buying a new one this year just like it. Great ride, fast acceleration, great radio. Could do better on gas mileage, Sync system for cell phones and more backward mobility on driver's seat. Overall a wonderful SUV. Have never had any problems with it. At 62,000 miles right now.

Great Vehicle
By Bill

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle currently has 180,000 miles on it and has been an amazing car. Mechanically, no major problems have ever arose. I did have to do the rear wheel bearings at 150k. Besides that and your typical brakes, tires, and tune ups car has been flawless. It does have good power and excellent AWD system. Does great in northern Wisconsin winters. I drive about 60% hwy and average just over 21 mpg with aggressive driving, so gas mileage isn't great but worth it with the quality of the vehicle. Highly recommend if you're looking for an AWD crossover that's well built.

I usually dont give 5 star reviews
By djscotec

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Edge at the beginning of 2009, was a demo with 9000 miles, to this date i just went over 61000 miles. Knock on wood i've had very little problems with the vehicle, mechanically or electronically. the rear tail lights burn out unusually fast, should have a recall on this. the sockets appear scorched. other than that its been basic maintenance on the vehicle. i changed the transmission oil at 50000 miles just to be safe. I also change the oil every 6000 miles with full synthetic mobil 1. the oil still looks good after 6000 miles! the front end seems to be riding hard as of late but it may need some gas struts replaced, most of my miles are city driving and joy riding

UPDATE - had to replace both tie links in the front as they were worn and thats where the clanking was coming from. Had to replace the gas tank on recall and the now the airbag was recalled as part of Takata. The right rear wheel bearings went on me over the summer but that was fixed also. Still love the vehicle, rides like new with the repairs of the tie end links . still use Mobil 1 and oil looks great.

2008 Edge SEL
By hmayan

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good car over all. Bought it new and owned it now for 4 years. Pleasant to drive. Interior design is a bit poor. I saw a 2012 model and they made a lot of improvements. Gas millage is worse than advertised which is the biggest drawback for me. I get 16-17 mixed according to computer, from day 1.

I like the SYNC, large cargo space and the large vista sunroof.

Tail lights (brake) failed multiple times. They actually burned the sockets as well. At 63k miles brakes started making gurgling/bubbling noise when pressed. So, had to spent $400 to change the booster for brakes which is unusual. I keep seeing the same complaints in other forums, so I know I am not the only one who had these problems. They should have had factory recalls for these.