Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Solid CUV!!!
By Jonny A

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at the Subaru Tribeca, Nissan Murano and Mazda CX-7 we decided on an Edge Limited AWD. It compared very well against the competition in build quality, styling, materials and fit and finish. We belived the exterior styling to be the best of the bunch. The interior shines IMHO with a conservative, well designed layout using durable materials and easy, intuitive controls. The leather seating is nice with contrast stitching! The backseat felt the most comfortable and roomy of the 4. The sync system is outstanding, with nothing comaprable in any other vehicle we looked at; bluetooth+Cell=sweet. Little extras like puddle lamps and power rear liftgate are nice too. And the price!

leather seats; sync system (cell phone,iPod voice&steering wheel controls); homelink; tight turning radius; backup sensors; drivetrain; exterior styling; large center console storage with adjustable compartments + hidden USB & aux jack; power rear seat folding buttons in cargo area.

fuel mileage; larger digital radio display that matches LCD of driver info center in instrument cluster; back-up camera; Better speedo day-time visibility;

Satisfied
By bob

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think Ford hit the jack pot with this one. The engine is a little noisey when starting off or increasing speed on the highway,this should be improved.

Exterior styling. Interior is a little plain but neat.

Quiet engine noise when accelerating.

Buyer Beware
By Buyer Beware

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well where do I start, I bought the 08 edge because of the deep discounts and thought what a great deal. I did not know that the radio would not work, the tire would blow out, and then the transmission would go out all in less than a week. I know that it is under warranty but, how would you feel about a new vehicle with this many problems in a short period of time? I lost faith in Ford.

great power, ok ride,

to many to list

PTU defect
By lastfordIwillown

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our SEL Ford Edge awd has been fixed 4 times and I smell burning oil again.They replaced seals and whole unit and it still leaks!!! Ford needs to let us Edge owners know how and when they can solve this problem.

Fix PTU leak

FABULOUS CAR
By CAROLE

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The body style was the first thing that caught my eye before I bought a Ford Edge. The overall shape is very pleasing.The height was also a factor for me because I have trouble getting in and out of vehicles that are too low. . The interior suits my needs perfectly. I find everything is close at hand and easy to read. The seats are totally comfortable, there's plenty of head and foot room. Storage and cargo space is great too.The music system (6 CD changer, AM/FM radio and MP3 option are very adequate and easy to use. I have yet to look for an option and find that it's missing.The drive-ability is fabulous. Very smooth and easy to park and maneuver.The AWD was a life saver this winter too!

The overall outside look never fails to impress me. The leather interior is asthetically pleasing as well as luxuriously comfortable. The roomy passenger areas and flexibility of the seat functions is a definite plus. The large outside mirrors are very helpful. It's a total pleasure town and drive!

None