Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

transmission
By yvette desprez

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

december 18th 2008 I purchased a 2007 ford edge. i have enormous problem with the transmission

Not happy!
By Pat B

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in Aug 08. In Dec 08 discovered a leak found out that this would be the 3rd time the seal would be replaced. They replaced the PTU-got back after 8 days. In Jan 09 started leaking worse than before, had to drive with the window down the smell was so bad. Finally got it back yesterday after 17 days. Replaced PTU and axle shaft. To make matter worse the gas mileage is "awful. When I first got it best I got was 14mpg - since it got cold try 8-9mpg. Dealer told me there is bad gas around here. Give me a break! I might as well drive our 97 3/4 ton pickup that usually gets around 10-12. I should have spent the extra money and got the GMC Acadia.

I really like the design inside and out. Seats are very comfortable. Got the seafoam grey-all my friends like it -lots of room in the back seat. Don't like the way the console is.

Gas mileage! Then the PTU prolbems. It's been in the shop almost 30 days. I don't trust it.

Love at First Drive
By judymac

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fell in love with this car the first time I drove it. Unfortunately did not wait for the 2008 model (would have loved to have Sync). Mileage is good for the size; controls are relatively easy; plenty of space for myself and family. Drives well on mountain roads. Mileage averages around 20 mpg with most of my driving done on mountain roads and city streets.

Exterior and interior design as well as mileage are probably my favorite features. I feel safe in the car with the side and front airbags. Handling is tight - which I like.

The air conditioning/heating system is hampered by a terrible delivery system. I was hoping they had improved this for 2008, but based on the comments here it does not look like it. Side mirrors could be improved-lots of blind spots on driver side. Rapid acceleration a little sluggish.

Great Vehicle!!! First Ford Ever Owned!!
By Kiese

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We recently purchased our Edge and couldnt be happier. We are averaging what i feel to be a good mpg of 20+ mpgs with close to 50/50 mixed driving and a wife who has a lead foot. Family feels extremely safe inside our Edge and has more room than they know what to do with. First Ford vehicle either of us has owned and we just might be owning more in the future. Very Happy Ford, Keep up the great work!

Comfy Interior, Decent MPGs for a vehicle in this class, Reclining back seats, Smooth, quiet ride and excellent handling.

Install a bumper guard on the back bumper to keep it from getting scratched!

What a great solid vehicle
By Mark

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. Handles and feels very solid. Rides like a Lincoln or a Caddy. I have a family of 4 and there is so much room. As we test drove before purchase I sat in the back seat while the wife drove it...the leg room in the back seats is unbelievable.

The seats are so comfortable.

A little better braking. It is a heavy vehicle and should have bigger brakes installed. Feels like you really have to push on the pedal hard at times.