Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Dealership has vehicle more than me
By Sue

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I received my Edge in May 2007. Vehicle was great until January 2008, when it started leaking transmission fluid. Brought to the dealership they told me nothing was leaking. I had to ride with windows down in January in Maine. They replaced seals in the differtial many times. The transmission has been replaced. Still leaking. Ford rep finally looked a the vehicle and they are replacing everything again. If this doesn't work they say they will buy the vehicle back. The vista roof also stuck open in a rain storm. Not fun!! The dealership had the vehicle for three weeks, during the repair they dented the roof, drivers door, and scrathed the doors on the inside. Dealership not helpful

Sharp exterior

work on transmission and differential. Better training for dealership mechanics and Ford should be more selective of who they let sell their vehicles...

Do not purchase 2007 Edge
By MM

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The oil is constantly leaking have had the car in the shop multiple times, they can never find it or say that it doesn't need to be filled all the way for the transmission, then my panoramic sun roof exploded/shattered over my head one night driving down the road, nothing hit it and there were no other cars/trees, just shattered, scared me to death. Shock on right side leaking, smoking, fixed, not fixed, lost part, not the right part, what other excuse could Ford give. This is my first and last Ford, oh and the paint has bubbled on the drivers side door and the door lock on that side will never unlock with automatic unlock and they say it needs oil, ha that doesn't work either

Seats fold flat in back, lots of interior space, comfortable ride

Don't get the 2007 Ford Edge, get the newer model, my friend loves her 2008

BEST SUV FOR THE MONEY
By Jason

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle shows the direction Ford is going. Better interiors, high quality and still amazing performance. This makes it a winner. I think any Dad would love this as a very safe, fun and versicle package. This car received the highest score for safety. Believe me once someone hits you and you are in a car accident you will check this every time before making a decision on a car for you and you family. Safest CUV available. I think any young or fun couple with love to have this in their garage.

Love the performance and the interior! I moved with this vehicle. It was perfect with the back seat down 7 ft of cargo length. WOW

They came out with a Sport Edition. Very Nice but I would have liked to have seen it with more rim options to keep the cost down. around 30 K.

Hard Plastic Interior Hard to Love
By Rich Carlson

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought an SEL+ in Creme Brulee, loaded with all the options including the panorama roof and navigation system. I traded in a 2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 for the Edge. Compared to the Explorer I like the ride, lower step in height, better mileage, and roomy back seat. On the downside the interior of the Edge is a sea of hard plastic and poorly styled interior elements; compare the front interior door panel of the Edge to a Saturn Outlook and you will see what I mean. The interior is way to cheap and cold feeling for a $35,000 car. The navigation system is good, but not great.

I like the panorama vist sunroof, seating comfort is great, rear seat legroom is great.

Items I had on my Explorer that were not available on my Edge; cargo privacy cover, rear flip up glass hatch, automatic headlamp shutoff, programmable garage door opener. Interior plastics need to be upgraded and door panels restyled to look like they weren't designed by a 12 year old.

Would not recommend this car
By Brandus40

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Edge is currently being serviced for it's fourth transmission seal and second PTU Assembly. Soon after purchase the interior began to rattle and reveal the cheap material and poor workmanship. The brakes perform poorly and the car continues to pull to the left for no reason. The dealer and Ford offer no support except to tell me the transmission problems are a known Edge defect. AWD is great in the winter, it's quiet, and the engine is powerful. Average 18 mpg. When not in the garage it's a fun car to drive.

Engine, Exterior design, AWD