Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

2007 Ford Edge Pros & Cons
By joeohio

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car with 25,000 miles from a GM dealership. I enjoy driving the car and like its looks. Very roomy inside for front and rear occupants and I am a big guy. Storage area behind the second row seats is somewhat small, probably because I had a minivan before. I have had to have the left rear wheel hub/bearing and the right front bearing replaced. An occasional hesitation has developed when climbing gradual grades at a constant speed. I thought this was related to the front wheel bearing because it stopped for a few weeks after having the bad front bearing replaced. It has now returned. I don't think it is an engine problem, more likely tranny or drivetrain. 55K miles now

Design, size, interior room, AWD

An extended version. It would be great to have another 12" to 20" in the rear storage area. Better designed weatherstripping over the top of the side rear passenger doors

Never Again
By Never Again

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm so disappointed that I will not buy a Ford again. Too many problems for a new car, especially the air conditioning! So much for buying American. What an upset.

I do like how roomy it is. Comfortable also.

Ford is really stepping it up
By twally

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for about three weeks 1,200 miles about 40/60 city/highway and I absolutely love it. The car is very roomy for a 6'2 260 lb man and the seats are awesome. I was very skeptical about all the bad things about the gas mileage and I have only increased in mileage since I have owned the car. I am averaging about 20 mpg or so.

the seats, acceleration, roomy, cargo space, sun roof, revs at 1.5k rpm at 65 mph

gas mileage can improve but not so bad changed my driving habits. hard plastic is cheap but easy to clean

Oh what bad MPG this gets!!
By Doug

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well lets just say it won't be winning any awards for gas consumption. I love the look and the comfort of the edge. We have nav and the whole 9 yards but it such bad gas mileage it sits in the yard a lot and we take the Camry. Too bad.

Nav, Leather seats, rear dvd player.

MPG! Make lift gate open from inside. Better a/c. Better sound system. Better headlights. Smaller wheels. Did I mention MPG - 16 is what I get.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By Ray

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the vehicle for about a month now. The comfort is fantastic. It rides so smooth. The sliding top window is so large and really great!! I have always been a GM man and never again will I waist my time with a GM product. I now have 2 fords and wish I could afford another Edge. This is simply a great vehicle. I really love the GPS system, a lot better that a Garmin. The sound system is great also. I love everything about the vehicle.

Ride, looks, sound system, GPS system

The engine is a little noisy, but nothing I would cry about. Good pick up and decent milage