Used 2007 Ford Edge SE Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Fun Factor
By Kilokid

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 3 mos and I can tell you I love it. I drove a 1998 Lincoln Mark VII before and it just wasn't for me. I'm retired and I needed a vehicle that would take four guys with golf bags to the course. Well this Ford Edge is perfect for that. We all sit in comfort and quiet. We can have a normal conversation at 70 mph with having to raise our voice. Two of my golfing buddies drive the Lexus RX 330 and both say their next car will be the Edge.

Quiet, comfortable, peppy, and looks great. The size is just right for my needs.

Better gas mileage.

Overall Very Solid Vehicle
By The Edge

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the Edge. My wife has a Ford Expedition, but this is my first Ford. I've had many imports: Honda, Audi, Infiniti, Nissan, VW, Toyota, and so far this one is right up there with the best brands. Nice combo with powerful engine and smooth trans. Excellent safety features. Drives very nice on highway. Some blind spots (backup sensors option is must have). The only thing I do not like is the middle backseat is very tight, can not fit three adults in backseat (only fits two adults and a small child in middle).

Ext. styling, versatility of CUV, engine, transmission, sat. radio, seating position, overall fit and finish is good.

In 2007, the SE models w/Sat. radio, did not have steering wheel audio controls standard (in 2008 is is part of the convience package). Make backup sensors standard. Change the top of the dash -the rubber mat thing on top is kind of useless - give it a lid and make it a storage compartment.

Great, but
By CliffsEdge

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We own or have owned 2 competing vehicles this year. Picked the Edge based on payment & 98% on looks. My 07' Hyundai Santa Fe & 08' Hyundai Veracruz are leagues above the Edge in build quality, refinement & pamper level. Edge is quite quick, handles nice. Lots of looks, comments from other drivers. But if one doesn't care so much about looks, the Santa Fe or Veracruz are simply night & day in quietness, refinement, smoothness & quality. A difference likened between Toyota Rav4 VS BMW X5 V8. The Edge is nice to drive & acceptable. The Hyundai's are simply impressive every time you drive them. I'd have to say they are 3 - 5 tiers above the Edge.

Looks, price, stereo, smooth shifting, quick.

The motor is loud & raspy. Ford V6's always sound like they have Sand in them, as do Toyota's / Honda's. The sound is maddening! People who say this vehicle is really quiet simply have not owned a higher grade vehicle. The chassis, wheels & motor are not isolated like Hyundai, Lexus or BMW

Nice car- sweet design
By Jenkcool

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It has a great feel of the road. Very stable, feels very solid. The road noise is at a minumum. It has plenty of room.

6 speed tranny
By johny

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the six speed transmission and the low noise and smooth ride. fast pick up and passing. I wish I would of bought awd and more gadgets like temp readings, auto temp control. better sound system.