Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Very Nice SUV!
By Mickey

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Edge for just over a year now and the wife loves it! We average 18mpg in city and anywhere from 21-22mpg winter time to 22-24mpg in the summer and have reached 26mpg a couple of times. The ride seems rough when riding in the passenger seat compared to the driver seat(just my opinion)we had sirius installed after we purchased the vehicle and wife loves that also. She like the looks and compares her edge to a less expensive looking lexus rx. no problems with tire pressure monitoring system as mentioned in some reviews

Back up sensors, audio controls on steering wheel, Sirius radio

Outside temp display with compass would be nice

Sold My Audi for this.
By 2007 SEL+ (Limitied)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife needed something with four wheel drive. We live on a mountain and get a lot of snow. I needed something to pull my 4 wheelers, that was as fun to drive as my Mustang, and my Audi turbo, and would be comfortable for road trips. My Audi was a fortune to maintiain. The Edge ride is so smooth. I like smoking BMW X5's off the line and the ride is very quiet. We love the look of it and I never get tired of driving it. Nice work Ford!!

The vista roof and luxury feel.

Gas mileage is not bad for a four wheel drive nor highway especially for the power. It gets very little wind resistance but gas is pricey now days. Maybe a two wheel drive option for the summer.

Ford finally gets it
By usafastaners

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was shopping for an SUV for 10 months. My choices were down to Lexus RX400, Mazda CX9, Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX. For the price the Ford Edge was the winner by far. It handles very well with quick cornering response. The 263hp V-6 is a hot engine. I hear Ford is already thinking of dumping it. Don't do it! I love the Vista Roof. It's like driving a convertible SUV. I have to agree with a previous review. The navigation system is wonderful but no free updates. That stinks for a $1200 option. All in all I love this vehicle and recommend it to anyone looking for a car.

Vista roof!

Still need to improve gas mileage. I spend a lot of time on the highway and am still only getting 22mpg for FWD. Also, need free updates for navigation.

Love It!
By Chelsea

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with the Edge the first time I saw the commercial. I traded in my Chrysler Pacifica for the Edge and love it so far! Very sporty looking and drives very well. Lots of room in the back for more than just children to ride comfortably! The interior is average, but its very functional and very comfortable. Along with most cars, there are a few things I would like to see changed for the models to come. The way the armrest is set up in the back makes it hard to see out the rear view mirror. The brakes are sketchy for me, the have grooves in them and the dealer said it was normal on the Edge...hmm. Other than that, very sport and get lots of compliments!

Looks great, drives good, easy to manuever and park. Lots of room on the inside!

Improve the view out the back window and the brakes need to be improved. Better fuel efficiency would be nice too!

Wow!
By Lyle

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car. A friend bought one and let me drive it. Within 2 days I had one. Love everything about it, except the gas mileage could be better. Very comfortable to ride in from all seats. The traction is great. Drove in a couple of snow storms and had no trouble, handled very well. Good looking car. I get favorable comments all the time. Came with hte Sirrus radio, when it came time to renew I didn't. Didn't realize it was so expensive. The mp3 plugin takes the place of the Sirrus radio very well.