Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

A little dissapointed
By Nef

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This CUV is excellent looking, and very nice, we got the car and loved it, we had an Expedition before so we decide to go for better gas mileage. Well, its been a year since we bought it and I'm not impressed with it. I'm very forgiving when it comes to rating cars, the little blemishes found on the brand new car shouldn't been there. For an example, the door handles had a little mat in the cavity to cover up the bolt showing was gone the first time we vacummed the car, cheap and not the best way to design the car. The plastic covers in the back gate (lift gate) comes off when I close the gate. No foot rest for the driver.

Put some effort in the quality of a "all new car".

Great CUV
By Okie_Edge

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car rides great. Smooth on the highway with good acceleration when needed. Getting 20-21 mpg city and higway driving.

The ride and the looks. GPS is great, I have never had that before. Horsepower is nice when needed.

Better brakes and tires. Cost is a tad high.

The best ever!
By alyssa628

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have always gone with Honda to buy all my cars. My husband was bored with this and seen a Ford Edge and had to buy. I was nervous about this idea, not anymore. This is the best vehicle

Everything!

None

But the A/C system (doesn't) blows
By WasAChevyDriver

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the Edge, no going back to my unreliable and mostly unresponsive, GM vehicles. The Ford is great, seems very safe and reliable. Our main issues are the A/C (always on max, not enough air flow from vents to keep you cool in Arizona) and gas mileage (17- 19). The vehicle had 21,000 miles on it when we bought it, should be better. Also, there is a peculiar smell occasionally, smells like natural gas and we see some light wisps of smoke out from the hood area. Dealer says nothing wrong with it. For the price, though, it's a great vehicle and we'd never be able to buy a Murano here for the same price range!

Styling, roominess inside, reclining rear seats, engine has some power!

A/C blower/vent system woefully inadequate in hot summer areas, strange smells,

Pros and cons
By brenda - wisconsin

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a Exployer to the Edge, for something a bit smaller. Cons: no remote hatch release, back window does not open, brake noise when starting out if weather damp or rainy, front head rest push head forward, blind spot when changing lanes, gauges hard to see if lights on during the day. Too small back window to see through when backing up. Can't fit my large mcdonalds ice coffee in cup holder. Wish the gear handle was on the column so I had room for my purse or more cup holder space. The dash top shiny accent reflects in the windshild. Wish drivers door only unlock-hit button again for all doors unlock. Steering wheel conrols a bit small for a mans fingers.

Leather, remote start and heated seats. Very quiet and handles well when going 65, in snow and curves. seat set controls. Access to controls on wheel. Safety features.

Bigger back window and lower back headrest for vision. Better gas mileage different front head rest, double sun visor on drivers for easy access of directions or such. Gauges hard to read when light sre on during the day. Flat floor to sweep out dirt. Unlock drivers door 1st click then rest 2nd click