Used 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Solid Car
By Walter

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Crown Victoria since the current styling came in 1992. It is not very fancy, but it is very solid transportation. It has adequate power when needed. If you are trying to impress or need more performance, you probably shouldn't be driving this car.

It is quiet and comfortable. It has a very safe feel. It will never be mistaken for a hotrod, but will leave many cars behind from a stop light.

I'm pretty tall (6'4") and my knee strikes the ashtray/cupholder when its pulled out. Design could be better. Also, the rear seat is huge, but has very little foot room when the front seats are back. It has no exterior antenna and radio reception could be better.

I love it!
By Griffin

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Having been a GM guy all my life and owning a Chevy and 2 Oldsmobiles, I was a little hesitant to drive a Ford, having known nothing much about them. This car has suprised me. I find myself driving with the radio off just so I can hear the engine! This car has a serious road presence, and with my Michigan Sheriff front license plate, I find myself often stuck behind traffic doing exactly the speed limit! Mine is a loaded up LX, gently used with 19k on it. I picked it up for only $15k. It has a smooth ride, not too floaty, and not too stiff, and good road feel for such an old-fashioned car.

The basic American car: rear-wheel drive, V-8, and a full frame! You'd- better-get-outta-my-way road presence.

More Marauder parts: front bumper and exhaust tips. Center floor console would be nice. Some controls too far to reach. More power or a standard police engine wouldn't hurt

Road Cruiser
By sk8teacher

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new with most options installed including sport suspension. Used primarily for road trips. At 65mph on interstate highways with cruise control gets 26-29mpg. Good power accelerating to highways speeds, 6-way power seats ensure a comfortable ride. The trunk space is superior, it's amazing what you can put in it. The automatic air suspension allows for carrying extreme amounts of stuff while the car stays level and stable. For its size and weight, handling is exceptional.

Comfort, stability, large trunk, highway mileage.

Superior comfort
By billg

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Crown Vic. They have to be one of the greatest values out there. They are dirt cheap to insure (~$700/yr for FULL coverage) and maintain. Fuel economy is not outstanding, but decent (18mpg in typical suburban driving). The ride is supremely comfortable and the car handles respectably for its size. My 2nd CV (a '94) has NEVER had any mechanical trouble or been in for other than routine service. The reliability of these cars is amazing and comfort level is top notch.

The quite, smooth ride and cavernous trunk.

More horsepower would be nice.

More Bang for the Buck!
By Fort Worth Flyer

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The positive factors including the low insurance costs, the smooth quiet ride, decent performance, and excellent crash ratings, make this AMERICAN car one sweet ride. I drive in excess of 50K per year so I'm always looking for the maximum car for the least amount of money. This ride is the best going is this category. I bought my slightly used 2006 LX with 11,000 miles for under $15,000. I average 25.5 miles per gallon.

Large comfortable size, the good gas mileage, good acceleration, and excellent crash ratings.

The vehicle could use better cup holders and more storage compartments.