Used 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

excellent
By Poilice interceptor

2000 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

I have a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. This car is beautiful. It looks nice. It rides nice. It moves AND the gas mileage is not bad considering it is an 8 cylinder. I chose this car because not only does it look and ride nice but it is well maintained, majority of parts are new or have been replaced, it's very comfortable, the parts for do it yourselfers are cheap AND this car so far is reliable.

Favorites are the color, the shine, the look of it, the interior is clean, soft, and comfy.

The only improvement Ford HAS to make is the headlight system. The headlight system on these cars stink! Not only mine but other people I talk to including police officers say the same. The lighting system is not bright enough at nighttime. Especially in rainy weather where the roads are wet.

I love these cars
By randysvh

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The car to me is one of the most reliable cars in the industry overall. This is far from a perfect car, but it offers features that make it desirable and most importantly reliable. Gas economy is way below what i think it should be able to get, and shame on FORD for not doing better in this department. The engine though is rock solid. The body seems solid and quiet. There is nothing tinny about this car. My car has the digital instrumentation and I love it. The AC is solid and easy to use. The stereo is good, but i have seen other models that were better than the one I now have. I have owned a 1993 and 1997, both brand new and now this 2000. Each of them had over 200,000 miles.

The digital instrumentation is my favorite. The reliability of the car overall is great. The engine is solid and it is a favorite of mine among the engines in the industry. I love the comfort too.

My first improvement would be the gas mileage which could easily be double. The next thing I would like to see is the LCD stereo radios that are now available. The car could have more horsepower. Handling could be better too. Improved feel of the road and wheels, while retaining comfort.

continued quality
By roscoe

2000 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

Upon purchase of my 2000 Crown-Vic from California CHP I was truly amazed at the condition that the vehicle had been kept in both mechanically and cosmetically. The vehicle belonged to the Executive division and saw no patrol time at all. The vehicle rides like a dream and i have had no problems with it what so ever. Ford quality is really evident in the production of this car. The only maintenance required is the usual oil change to keep the car running smooth. At 113 thousand miles at the time of purchase who wouldn't be surprised, even so much that the very next week we bought another crown Vic-p71 used from the California Highway Patrol for my father. THE BLUE OVAL'S BEST!

My 2000 Crown Victoria
By Gerry House-Peters

2000 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Crown Victoria for $20,500 in November of that year. It is the basic model and I have put 20,000 miles a year on it. I thoroughly enjoy the roominess and being 6".2" can really stretch out in it. As for the trunk, well, it has as much luggage space, if not better than any large SUV on the market. I intend to buy another one when the 2007 models come out. It's a bargain! As far as the Chrysler 300 is concerned, well it's certainly a lot flashier than the Vic but I'm afraid I'd suffer from claustrophobia with those narrow "gangster windows!

Trunk, interior roominess, excellent safety tests...and price.

Additional exterior colors.

6th vehicle like this from Ford
By randy

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This car style and model was always my ideal car, and when I finally bought my first one I could only one another and continued to upgrade till I have the current one I now have. Although I liked my 1997 model better than this one, only because it had all of the options and it was everything you could dream for in a luxury car and the electronic dash, I just love with the exceptional features it provides. This car is a road car fit for a tall man at 6'5" and needing comfort for travel. It is a highly reliable car that cannot be matched by any other car I can see on the road today. Sure it is not perfect, but I enjoy this car and hope FORD does not drop this car; it is the car to have.

Electronic dash, comfort, the performance of the V8 engine, rear wheel drive, simple but effective interior layout.

Update the electronic dash to include more features, and ease of use, fuel economy, lower hood line, and better utilization of the truck storage area, like that of the '97 model and even more so of the '87 model, less side window curvature, current state of the art electronic features in other cars.