Used 2000 Ford Contour Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Contour

View reviews for a specific Contour model:

A Good Bargain - It's a Trooper
By HW

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

No huge problems with it. Looks like it will hit 200K in great shape! Worst was the cat converter needed replaced at 80K. New breaks at 90K. The car now has 120K and is fine (still 31mpg). Good deal if you figure under 2K for 8 years. I missed the dash recall and mine warped, but I glued it back down with industrial cement. Also I've been in two accidents with it (lost the front bumper, then the rear). The other cars in both accidents were totaled. Mine had very minimal "face" damage. The car seems pretty bombproof to me.

The V6 is fabulous, for the cost. It's fun to drive, corners fairly well, sticks to the road. For a first car, and a mostly commuting car it's wonderful. I've put minimal maintenance into it (oil changes) and it's been fine. The heater/AC in mine is awesome. Cute little spoiler.

The interior design is lackluster. The dashboard needs redone. The trunk could use some water-proofing. I think I've replaced like six oxygen sensors. The radio system and speaker quality just plain stinks. My check engine light comes on a lot.

Just OK
By copychief

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

We put very light miles on this car, and for that it's OK, but nothing more. It's uninspiring and feels like driving a tank, with a turning radius wider than the Titanic. The good acceleration comes at such a high MPG cost that it's not worth it. The interior feels incredibly cheap, even for a seven year-old $16,000 car. The blower fan is so loud you can't hear people in the back seat if it's higher than "2" ... and that's added to a lot of road & wind noise on the highway. Thankfully we have had no major problems with the car, but it's the niggling things, cheap interior and design quirks that will keep us away from any Ford product when we replace this car.

Acceleration.

Better blower - it's way too loud and weak. Better interior design. Tighten turning radius.

This has been a solidly reliable car
By Dave

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

This car has required only 2 minor repairs in 76,000 miles. We drive it daily and have taken a number of long trips with it. It handles well. It is a great size for driving in traffic and the visibility is good all around. It's not over-powered, but there are slower cars out there for the price. Too bad they stopped making this car --- I would buy another one.

Simple interior and ergonomics for the driver.

More power & 4 wheel disc brakes.

I love this car
By aking1

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars that were great, but none greater than this car. Even though this car is a 2000, and I have driven many recent cars, it is my favorite. It has a lot of interior room that I am able to play my guitar in it during lunch breaks. Besides my truck, this is my reliable vehicle.

My favorite features has got to be everything that came in my 2000 Ford Contour SE; especially the Duratech 2.5L V6 24 valve DOHC engine.

Heated mirrors would have been nice.

Ford Contour
By Brian

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

My car just hit 60,000 miles and still running strong. Have not had to put any money into it other than routine maintenance. Gets pretty good gas mileage for a V6 with great power. Had some problems with the dashboard for awhile but was able to glue it back on. It's not afraid to be pushed around corners because of its great grip. Great car and power for the money that I paid.

MP3 player that I installed, seats, power, sporty look, dependability, V6 power.

Plastic everywhere which was cheaply cut! Stock stereo is not worth keeping! Weatherstripping because when it freezes it takes awhile to get the doors open. The trunk will not stop leaking.