Used 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Great little commuter / mini ute
By Davy Jones

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I work out of my vehicle, so I drive a lot of really short trips as well as quite a few longer road trips. I bought my C-Max used about 4 months ago & have put over 6000 miles on it so far. The car is built on the Ford Focus platform, so handling & driving dynamics are far better than I expected from a vehicle like this. I've driven Prius's in the past & would never own one in a million years. They feel cheap, have terrible driving dynamics, & are severely underpowered. The C-Max, by comparison, is really a nice place to spend a lot of time in. My star ratings on the performance are based on this being a basic commuter vehicle. Nobody in their right mind would ever mistake it for a sports car, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Ford was going for, anyway. I searched around & found one with somewhat higher mileage, but fully loaded & in near mint condition. The only option mine doesn't have is the sunroof. I went with a long financing period to keep the payment cheap & coming from my paid for 1999 Tahoe to this, the savings in fuel cost covers about 80% of my car payment, so the car is practically free. I'm averaging about 36 mpg overall, but that's with far less than ideal driving conditions & 200 or more pounds of tools & equipment in the back at all times, so I probably count as a worst case scenario for that. Even so, that's almost triple the mileage I was getting, so no complaints here regarding that. As far as negatives, there are very few. The back seat has plenty of room, but isn't that comfortable; I don't have to sit there, so that's really not my problem. The only really major gripe I have is the turning radius. I looked it up. The turning radius is literally bigger than what the Tahoe was... no exaggeration. The park assist definitely solves a lot of that & the fact that the car is more than a foot narrower than the Tahoe makes up for a lot of the rest, so with everything else about the car being so good, I'll live with it. On a side note, two of my family members bought C-Max's before I did & they're as happy with them as I am. Their ownership experiences were a major factor in my buying decision. None of us have had any issues with them. One has a 2018 hybrid model & is getting around 40 mpg, & the other has a 2013 Energii & is averaging well over 70 mpg. Hopefully, the car gives me many years of good service.

2014 Ford C-Max: Great car for getting around town
By Kent Skidmore

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2014 Ford C-Max SEL has a very well appointed interior. All of the knocks on the touch screen being difficult to use are unfounded. If you run the radio in full screen, the touch screen buttons are larger than a normal radio. The drivers seat is comfortable not only for driving around town but I have also taken it on road trips from SoCal to NoCal, Vegas and Phoenix. I average just over 42 MPG. Stopping at the gas station twice a month is a nice luxury. Finally, their is plenty of storage. I generally drive the car with both back seats folded down so I can haul all of my softball gear. I have been very happy with the purchase of my 2014 C-Max SEL.

I like my Cmax
By Dale

I like my Cmax

Ford Forever! • What Went Wrong?
By AuntyPasto

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I’m a Ford girl though and through. I bought a 2014 in Aug 2017 for 14,300 (I thought it was 11,800) PROS: #1 favorite thing...NO KEYS!!! 17” tires. No gas cap.
Heat and AC are fast and fine. I know the gas mileage is about 37 however maybe I was expecting too much because I was looking for more in a hybrid. Maybe this vehicle just isn't for me after-all I was looking for Lincoln Black Label and couldn't find exactly what I wanted at the time. I started writing a negative review but realize my dissatisfaction may lie in the fact that I did not purchase the vehicle that I wanted. So I have a buyer! I'm looking for the most comfy seats out there, a sunroof (not panoramic) and dual exhaust to name a few of my options. And the BIG ONE here is LEATHER...real LEATHER, not leatherette, not a mix or any other faux leather. I want LEATHER seating. If you make it this far in life and you can afford a luxury car (anything over 20k, REAL Leather should be a STD OPTION to cloth) I want LEATHER in it.

C-Max @ 3-YR
By Eva Cram

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very comfortable car - seems much larger inside due to windows. Comfortable seats! Hatch has a toe-starter, which comes in handy when your hands are full of groceries or heavy items. Unless you know how to drive a hybrid correctly, you probably won't get more than 40 mpg.