Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Okay. Enough time to tell.
By researchpays

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I'm rating it low on comfort is the seats. Hard seats, with leather and heaters. But all the cars I test drove had hard seats - Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas.

C-Max Hybrid is a great little zipper. Overtakes other traffic easily. Ease of entry and exit - no banging head or knees while getting out or in. Good storage space (but do keep in mind, this is not an SUV).

I hope the C-Max will prove to be a great decision, as I spent the better part of 5 months reading articles, driving cars, comparing all aspects. My last car - Nissan Murano-2004 traded it in, before that Nissan Pathfinder 1996 and still running.

I would have rated fuel economy as great, but for the fact that it is not the top of the line MPG. It is close to great. Just not perfection. I fill up once every two weeks, and it costs me on average $23.00 to do so. Only once have I achieved over 40MPG's. Mostly it holds around 37 to 39MPG's. 90% of my miles are city. But I do make the quarterly trip to upper Vermont, and the quarterly trip to upper NY state. Those longer road trips go by with ease, and mostly a feeling of comfort. I would recommend this car for the single driver, the small family with one child, and even the person who heads to the box store a lot to load up on supplies. The back seats lay down flat and are a really great help.

My first ever Ford, so
there is a lot at stake here - the Ford reputation. Ford, don't let me down now.

My First and Last Ford
By cmax_sucks

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After dealing with numerous recalls and technological glitches, I am finally throwing in the towel on my 2013 C-Max (I've had it for a year). As others have pointed out, the MPG was grossly exaggerated by Ford.
At the moment, I'm dealing with relatively minor issues (i.e. entertainment system sporadically stops working, center console won't close, trunk lift gate doesn't work, warning lights randomly go on and off).
It is both inconvenient and frustrating to take the car in for repairs all of the time.
My last straw - last time I took it in, I returned to find the dealership showing my car to prospective customers (literally sitting in my car with my personal belongings on display).

One year in, still a happy camper.
By hotpotato

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm over a year and 15,000 miles into ownership now. Car is holding up nicely.

Since late 2012, Ford has issued several updates and recalls for the car to increase safety, MPG, and reliability. This may damage consumer magazine reliability scores, but results in a safer, more economical, more reliable car for all current and future owners -- I admire Ford for doing it. My mileage went up 1-2 MPG after the new software, for instance, from 36-37 to 37-38.

Drives like a sport sedan. Hauls stuff like a small truck. Gets MPG like a flyweight subcompact. (And it's random, but I really like the design of the wheels.) Recently found a new favorite. Got an iPhone paired to your C-Max? Press its Home button and you're talking to Siri via Bluetooth. Now you've got voice-activated navigation, voice-activated text messaging, etc. via your phone! (get a dash mount).

The user interface of the touch-screen stereo has been criticized, but make no mistake: the user interface of the base stereo is also very poor. The sound quality of the base stereo is no prize either, and upgrading an integrated factory system in a modern car costs thousands, not hundreds. (As I discovered the hard way.) So if you like music and can afford it, get the optional Sony stereo.

3 years in on the 2013 C-MAX
By m8rix

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lease came due on our Prius and Toyota did not have product so we went looking and were surprised by the options we had.

We drove the C-MAX and were quite surprised by it's features and performance.
Overall it is 4.5 stars.

On the test drive we put it thru its paces, rather harshly [I think to the salespersons surprise] but there was not a thing we could find fault with.

If I had to list a deficiency, I'd have to list the SYNC system. Like all Microsoft products, it is better on the drawing board. It is definitely one of the things impeding my decision to retain the c-max.

A proper manual [digital would be good] of all the commands and how they fit together would be good.

One of the biggest problems is the courtesy wipe. This may be a decent idea for Florida but is a safety hazard in northern climates in the winter. Road muck and grime on thaw days obscures vision and should be under recall from the appropriate government oversight organizations. Frankly, I am surprised this has not resulted in a number of deaths. I understand in newer models this can be turned off - as it should be - but that does not help owners of this model.

I've owned my Ford C-max for a YEAR
By klovors_mom

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved this car at first
But now it has locked me out and won't start
I got over it the first and second time but now we are on the eighth time
Every time I have taken it to the ford dealer i bought it from(this is the third time) they give me a different reason and say it is fixed after they are done
They even said it was my remote start i had put in even thought it did it twice before I put the starter in
They told me i had to remove it cost $177.00
Oh and that remote start cost $650.00 to put in
But I live in the country we have a lot of hills
I am trying to get rid of the car because I have a two year old and need something that is reliable

Drives nice I've gotten 45 max mpg In the winter I get 30-35 In the summer I get 40-44

MAKE IT RELIABLE More affordable