2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: 2013 Ford C-MAX SE...Too soon

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

2013 Ford C-MAX SE...Too soon to pass Judgement
By phill1 on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback 7/31 and with just over a month of driving and less then 1000 miles, I`m only averaging 34 mpg City & Highway.
I`m careful (not) to accelerate quickly and

coast when possible and avoid lots of unnecessary braking still can`t get over 34 mpg.
The Vehicle is very comfortable, peppy, and if I can eventually improve on the Fuel Economy numbers, I`ll be very happy.
Got spoiled with the smaller fuel sipping Fiesta which (always) delivered 33-35 mpg city and 41-43 mpg highway from day one.

PS: Updated Review on my 2013 Ford C-Max SE
Well, with 40 months of Ownership and 35K driven all I can say is that my personal experience with the Ford C-May Hybrid has been absolutely "stellar". No Service Issues or problems and except for a few factory recall check-ups and oil changes, this vehicle has not returned to a Ford Dealership for anything! Fuel economy has leveled out to an average of 39.2 MPG combined City & Highway . Not bad considering a "heavy foot" and no effort to hyper-mile fuel economy and facing daily stop and go heavy traffic conditions in South FL with A/C always on High all the time. Awaiting Ford to update and to a complete refresh and I`ll be back for another to sit in my driveway along side my 2015 Mustang Convertible, yet another awesome Vehicle by the "Blue Oval"!

Update: Mar. 2017. Ford C-Max now approaching4 rat in service and still no problems whatsoever. Factory recall for Battery Check and Door Latch Replacements but other then routine 6 month old changes, 39K and still one of the "Best" Vehicles I have ever owned regardless of Brand!

• Outward visibility
  • Climate control
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review