Used 1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

Better then a Scooter
By Scooter

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I was in the market to buy a Scooter to go shopping and run around. My limit was $1,000. I found this little car at a Charity Auction with 40K original miles. I actually outbid someone else with $800. Needed tune-up and headlight bulbs. I decided to drive to work now every day 40 miles round trip, get over 42 MPG on a regular bases. Takes 6 gallon to fill it up once a week. Better then my 350z or my F150. Zip in and around big cars, park anywhere I decide. No fancy toys to break. I took out the back seat, now I have a large cargo space. Better yet, I can drive this all year round. I'll drive this toy till I can't find parts for it. Why buy a Prius?

Mileage has to be the #1. Who is dumb enough to buy a Prius?

Remote hatch from driver door and lever handle to open hatch from the outside, so I don't have to use the key each time.

95' Aspire
By THIELLS FD 227

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

This car is small yet powerful. The only thing is that the car has virtually no pick up (acceleration). With a very little bit of work, the car is incredible. I got my aspire with 25,000 miles on it and put about $300 worth of work under the hood and the car is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another aspire at any time.

My favorite features of this car are the body style, the interior, and the simplicity of this car.

The only improvements that i would suggest are going to a parts store and spending about a hundred dollars or so on a new spring kit so the fenders rest closer to the tires.

Great, reliable car
By Dave

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

It may not look like much, but it keeps going and going! I never have to worry in the morning if it is going to turn over. Very dependable and reliable. No frills, but gets the job done.

Great turning radius. Can flip a U-ey in the tightest of spaces.

Power steering would be nice.

'95 Aspire with 245K miles!
By Jermnc77

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my Aspire from a cousin. I had long bugged him to sell it to me, and finally he relented! The motor has been replaced at 193K. I found a motor with 22K on it. I have practically rebuilt the car. But it's been a work of love. I like the styling. The gas mileage is great! (averages 32mpg). It is a 5 spd with AC. I have achieved 41 MPG with the Aspire by not running the AC and keeping speed to 55mph. The mechanics of this car are simple and it's easy to work on when necessary. With that said, it has been an extremely reliable car! I don't know what I would have done w/out it during the "gas rush" of Katrina! I wish Ford would bring this back! Just the way it is!

Shape, gas mileage, pure mechanics... no weird computers or hard to work on parts! check out my car: cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Exterior trunk lid handle. Only opens with a key.

5 speed wins over automatic
By gotitan

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have 96 automatic @ 32 mpg and a 1995 5 speed @ tops 44 mpg....with the back seat out I can haul a full sized gas dryer with the hatch down.

MPG..cheep and rasy to fix.

sound proofing