For people who are lured to the adorable Fiat 500 two-door hatchback but find its tiny size to be a deal breaker, the four-door 2015 Fiat 500L would seem to be a compelling alternative. But we've found it has too many drawbacks. Other small wagons will be better choices.
- Big-car passenger and cargo space
- Good outward visibility
- Lots of European personality inside and out
- Available touchscreen is easy to use.
- Lackluster acceleration
- Uncomfortable ride quality
- Brakes are difficult to modulate
- Rear seats don't fold flat
- Quirky behavior from Pop trim level's optional automated manual transmission.