Used 2014 FIAT 500L Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500L model:

Stay away from FIAT
By Paola

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Since I got that car is been in & our so many times at the FIAT service. Smoke from the hood, not able to start, had to be toll many times. When the car was under the 4 year warranty, the answer from service always was nothing wrong with the car. Started perfect. We don’t know what problem you are referring. The car drives normal. Okay ... after 4 months when the guarantee expired: surprise!!! The car has only 40,000 miles but needs a new motor starter! Not only that, when the car has a new motor starter the car don’t work because complete engine failure!!! Defective engine when my trusted mechanic saw the car because I didn’t trust anymore the FIAT SERVICE!!! Defective parts cheap parts ... so now the car is a total junk!!!! FIAt basically ripped me selling a defective car: engine failure! Starter motor failure ...

98,000 miles Trekkking
By Pat A.

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

2014 Fiat 500L Trekking. Just had my first real problem with the car. I drive it a little hard one morning and I started to lose power. My first thought was the transmission. I was able to get it to the dealer on its own by not driving hard. Turned out to be a turbo issue. The dealer said a clip holding on the waste gate was missing. Ok so replace the clip? Not the case you cannot order just the clip according to the dealer! the turbo is $900.00 plus 5-6 hrs. installation. Not a problem I have a third party warranty and I am under the 100k by just 1600 miles! Feeling good until the company that provides the warranty said this is not covers because you lost the clip. According to them it is not the turbo that is bad it is the fact that you lost the clip. Like I removed it! After going back and forth with them they agreed to sent out an adjuster to evaluate. I will add to this based on the final result. Bottom line I really enjoy the car, it has been reliable everyone that gets in it is impressed with the room and ride.

Transmission breaks
By Neil

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The first transmission got a little over 40,000 miles before it had to be replaced. The new transmission went at 114,000 miles. So only about 70,000 miles on the second one. The cost to replace is in the thousands.

own 2014 fiat 500L trekking
By boris

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

my trekking is great , for now i have 51k and i have not any problem. just changing oil and regular maintanance .

Keeping it much longer
By karaleigh

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is very comfortable and especially good for taller people with all the capability for changing seats, steering wheel. I love, love the small turning radius. I can u-turn in the smallest of spaces and get in and out of tight parking areas. I also love, love what I call my deer lights which are the side driving lights. I drive on many streets with no street lights and this comes in very handy to illuminate the sides of the road making night driving a whole lot easier. Also great for watching for animals at night. I thought I was only going to keep this car for 3 years but I am now on year 4 and will likely keep it another 2 to 3 years. It has been very reliable. I also drive the manual shift - not automatic. The shifter has a real sporty feel. The interior is very comfortable and I love the material used on the seats. Rugged for someone with 4 dogs, doesn't make your clothes stick to it, non-sweaty, easy to clean, and looks great. Placement for water bottles and cups is terrific too. I think they thought of everything.