Used 2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Great Vehicle for What it Is
By Troy

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking at a vehicle large enough to haul the family or a trendy sports car with lots of power then the FIAT 500 Pop is not your vehicle. But if you are looking for a small, comfortable, affordable ride for you and your significant other then the 500 Pop is a perfect purchase. The 500 Pop is surprisingly powerful off the line, shifts smoothly, rides quietly even at 85-90 MPH, and gets great MPG. It is more roomy and comfortable up front than expected. It is, obviously, a little cramped in the back. While the hatch allows you to fit most anything you need, keep in mind that it is not the perfect vehicle for packing all of your worldly possessions. Just know understand what you are buying and you will not be disappointed.

Eye Catcher
By Laveda Darby

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is small but it is great on gas and it serves it purpose. If I get another car it will be a Fiat I love the car.

Looks aren't everything...
By Madri

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car in 2012, brand-new,and wish I hadn't. First off, the car randomly powered off (the engine stopped, all the lights turned off, it just turned off!) well making a slight left turn on a very hot day. I went to the mechanic they said it was a fluke. Next, the car light turned on but the car wouldn't, the engine light all of the dashboard lights turned on, but the car wouldn't start. We managed to get the car running, drove 30 miles to the dealer where we purchased this Fiat (in Ontario California), and ritual by the mechanics to leave it overnight so they can check it out. Four days later The dealer calls us and tells us on the car needed was a new battery (the car was still under warranty, and the battery was covered). Shortly thereafter (our warranty expired), The dashboard lights will turn on and the car had trouble starting. It was mellow at first, taking a couple of key turns to get the car running...until one day the car just stopped running. We got it to the mechanic, this time we went to the dealership in Riverside, and they told us there was a leak, and it was dripping on the starter. They let us know it would be OK but that we needed to take care of the leak and possibly get a new starter. We drove the car home, less than 10 miles, and it completely stopped running. Now we have to take it to get towed to the dealer, pay close to $1200 to get it fixed (and that's if they don't find any other crazy thing going on with the stupid car). Every time I see a Fiat in the freeway or on the street, I get a stomachache. This is the most unreliable car ever.

little one
By Richie.C

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Roomy enough inside for 2 average adults,simple radio with steering wheel controls ,mine has the power sunroof,really nice
dont see alot these in brooklyn ny awesome city car,parking is pretty much point and park.Power is not the best ,but runs better on 93 octane
in sport mode and helps that its a 5speed manual.If you want a 2 door compact car thats simple and goes a long way on 15 bucks of gas
and isnt a mini or smart car,this ones good.

Little Red Cherry Pepper
By D Cozz

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car's great to me. Single guy, and tall, and car is fun, dependable and has just enough bells and whistles for me: bucket seats, great stereo, good heat/ac... I get more compliments on this car than I did on my mini-cooper. Maybe it's the rosso brilliant paint... Going on fourth year and hope to have for many yrs more... 21k so far, and always excited to get bend the wheel and go for a ride... For the price paid, I'm happy...