Used 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

The City car
By Henry Zbyszynski

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car was designed to be in a city. The city mpg was always over 22 and the highway went as high as 40. Highway driving was fine with the acceleration of the manual gearbox allowing me to merge into traffic going 60+ mph. I was comfortable driving at 72 mph.Most of my driving was in the Boston area and traversing the river on a high bridge gave me no difficulty in a cross wind. The back seat was occasional used (sometime by me) by adults with no difficulty as long as the passenger seat was move forward a little. With the back seat folded down and access through the hatchback made this a useful vehicle. I always got a lot of attention in a parking lot. The looks were attractive to lots of people and the would ask me about the issues I described above. Overall, a good, reliable, stylish car.

THE WORSE VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED!
By Clarisse Barcelos

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since April of 2012, and since the first week I bought it, I've had nothing but problems with it. From the rear brake lights going out, to damage tires, bad tire/wheel bearings after short time of ownership, convertible top replaced twice, electrical issues, trunk issues (not opening - 4 times since 2012), soft top roof leak, etc.

Worst Car on the Road.
By Dave M

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

IMHO, this is the worst and most dangerous car on US highways. We were given one as an Enterprise rental, so beware. On the Interstates, it feels like the Fiat 500 could be run over by any compact American car. The ride was rough and noisy. I've been told that some people love them......but I think it's a standard answer for those who already have them. I was teased by acquaintances who suggested I put the Fiat in the back of their car. My wife, me and two suitcases were hard to squeeze into it! Terrible car....and without a doubt the worst car I've ever rented. Complaints to Enterprise went nowhere....only questions. My objective would be to keep the Fiat off American roads.

Dangerous
By Maria

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has left me standed in the middle of intersections and is super dangerous. Fiat finally agreed to pay me but for the past 4 months has not returned my calls. I also noticed that all negative posts have vanished.

Why me!!!
By nalder620

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

700 characters...not enough. Since day one, this car has been the most unreliable piece of poop I have ever owned. Fiat Canada has washed their hands of me, but i have decided to make all know, DO NOT BUY A FIAT!!!
New transmission, new suspension, new clutch bearings, new PCM computer, rattling all over, paint peeling, lights burning out all over the place, 35 trips to the dealer and problems that they can not even fix after 8 tries!!! My car sounds like it want to start, but does not catch, have to do everything from the beginning and will start on the second shot! Thank goodness I bought a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty!!! I feel bad for those that only had a 3 year warranty :(.

I love the look and the fuel economy, when the car drives at 100km/h, but over that, very normal and nothing special at all. At 120km/h, good luck getting 500km to the tank. Stereo is alright, but cannot be upgraded very easily. Leather is nice, but is showing major wear after only three years. Paint is very thin coats, maybe two or three max. I think they used water colours that wash off in the rain! Head rests ned to be replaced with rocks!!! Service has been great at the dealer, but repairing the car requires a dart board to figure out how to do so!!! Links repaired 4 times so far! rattling twice, every repair more than once or twice or five times!!!

Take better care of customers when they buy the biggest lemon on North America!!! Purchase car from customer and replace with a new one. I will be blogging about negative aspects again soon and I will create a website devoted to angry Fiat owners, we will stand up and fight for the right to be taken seriously when we buy a lemon Chrysler product.