Used 2006 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I Still Don't Regret This Purchase
By kaseyk

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 24,000 miles on it, I was the second owner and I must say that 2 years and 55,000 miles later, I really don't have any complaints. I used to commute out of town for work (about 65 miles a day) and I have gone on many out of town and out of state trips on this car. I have not had any problems out of my stratus except for the driver side window motor has gone out. Yes the windshield does have a few spots but nothing worth complaining over. Overall I must say that I love this car and it was probably the best purchase I have made, if they still made them I'd probably get another one

Sunroof

Maybe have a multiple CD changer, maybe work on the electrical system a little

Love My Stratus!!!
By dianaprince

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this as a family car back in '05. We've driven it clear across the country and back several times, and racked up a lot of mileage that way but didn't pay much for gas! I Love the amount of trunk space and interior space it has! We made several cross country trips with 2 adults, 2 small kids and 2 large dogs, and all our stuff in the car (luggage,food, and strollers) and still had plenty of room. It's 2010, I've had this car for at least 4 years now and I still love it! Best car I've ever owned!

cd player, Large trunk, spacious seats, console makes a comfy armrest!

sunroof! cd changer.

Crankshaft endplay
By kram660

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car with 25 miles on it in 2006 at the dealer. drove car daily to work with and do not hot rod it. after at around 40,000 miles i noticed oil leaking from the passenger side and it was the front crankshaft seal, i replaced it and the oil-pump thinking there a blockage somewhere . 5,000 miles later i have had to replace the seal at least 6 times knowing my engine has failed me. i am no rocket scientist but i know its my main thrust bearing is bad and the crank is rundown with at least 1/10 to 2/10 of end play. i have at lest $10,000 to owe on it and i parked it in my back yard with my 1938 ford pickup. hope this helps other hard working Americans to do something about this issue.

its a very nice interior and beautiful car that's why i purchased it .

better quality engine parts , make it reliable

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By Tam

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in july of '06,had to have the front seal replaced in december of'06 at 14,000 miles. Here I am 2 and a half years later at 70,000 miles and have to have the front seal replaced again!!! It was a fairly good car otherwise, but don't waste your money. It will nickel and dime you death.

Really Like !
By Eileen

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently acquired my Dodge as a gift from my children, It is gunmetal grey,which is nice as it appears to change colors, depends on weather conditions,looks nice on the road. Gas mileage is ok but not as good as we had hoped, and I do not put my foot to the metal.Like the way it handles.

White gauges,easy access to the trunk. Radio and cd player has a very nice sound.great wheels!

SUNROOF!!! I really miss that feature, Tinted windows.cassette player, I pod as well as a cd player. A cd changer would have been nice. cell phone charger,mine has a lighter, but no charger just a place for one to be added