Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Dependable
By kristee1

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in Jan 2006, since have raised 3 kids in it and it currently has 200,000 miles. It has had a few issues, the front right passenger floor board leaks, dealer said that wasnt under warranty, and they wanted 1500 to fix it. So its always leaked! Then I went over some train tracks and the belt came off, took 10 different shops and about a yr to get the belt and pulley on together so they ran as a unit, cause it was eating about a belt a week. Trans and motor, never had not one issue, though Im a stickler about preventative maintaince.

Its roomy, like I said before 3 kids in the back seat, I have taught 2 new drivers how to drive in this car, when I say "stop!" it stops!!!!

Dodge should have taken better care of thier customers, like other ppl on here, when its new and has issues Dodge should have made it thier responibility to make sure we would be returning customers. When we are/were paying $500 a mo for a vehicle and they dont stop a leak or informing us about the right steering arm being recalled in a timely fashion, not when your car has a week left under warranty. When I called thier customer service line for info on getting that fixed, it was automated and when they got back with me the warranty had expired, I was over 72,000m!

An excellent American car!
By leprof

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car since I drove it off the lot in Oct. 2005. A former rental car, it had a couple stains in the back seat and around 27k miles on it. Since then I have driven it around 80k miles with no problems at all whatsoever except regular maintenance. One bit of advice - be careful of curbs and potholes because I have ruined some tires/control arms doing this. It is quite low to the ground. Having been told "don't buy American" I was hesitant to buy it, but I am so pleased with this car! I will drive it until it dies.

4-disc in-dash CD player with awesome sound. Fun to drive - drives like a sports car.

Seat comfort.

Love At First Sight!
By liber_jr

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought my first car, a 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe (No Automatic Option On Website) with the 4 speed auto with the auto-stick option. When I bought it there were only 109,100 miles. The performance is great and you can even spin the tires in the manual mode. One minor flaw I noticed was that if you have long legs like I do, when you make a turn the cruse control setup hits your leg. Other than that it was the best possible car for me and haven't had and issues with it besides a few burned out bulbs. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Sound System, Wheels, Maroon Color, Aggressive Styling, Performance.

Cruise Control Location, More Aggressive Back End, 5 Speed Automatic With Manual Mode, More Performance

Not what I expected
By slindom

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned this car since it had 21,000 miles and was a good car till about 30,000 then the injectors started going one at a time. It was under warrenty so took it to local dealer to be fixed they would only change one at a time as they went out so was back four times before it was done. Now car has about 70,000 and is having shifting problems it will downshift for no reason even at highway speeds which can't be good for the engine or trans. Have had it to dealer not under warrenty anymore so costs 99.95 every time for them to test it only to tell me nothings is wrong. What a joke my advice is if you have this car dump it before you reach 70,000

None

Everything

What a pile of junk!
By 4starks

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 36k on it from Hertz Car Sales in Pasco.
They say they have a money back guarentee for 7 days...I call BS on that.
I took it back to them as it was making a noise, they couldn't hear it so they wouldn't honor it.
It has had nothing but problems since day 1!!
Bad mileage, small breakdowns etc and NOW, my crank is bad and it is going to cost me a new engine.
Just turned 100k.
I hate this freaking car, and I hate Hertz Car Sales.

The look of the outside, the comfort of the inside IF you are the driver only. The passenger side is very uncomfortable