Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Mopar's pre-Challenger performance coupe
By Huether

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

FAST! Keeping my Stratus R/T stock for 4 years, this thing has been a rocket. My Indy Red R/T has seen top speeds of 135, and great braking and handling characteristics. It's an aerodynamic shape, with a great coupe design. It's interior needs more pizazz in its design, but still useful, and spacious. I have 55,000 miles on it now, and plan to drive it until I reach 100,000! Go Mopar!

3.0L V6 Front fascia Rear spoiler 5-spoke alloys White gauges Quick gear ratios Superb sport suspension

Wind noise (depends on tires, windows) Quality of some interior plastics (not many, but it would be nice to have more chrome accented features.)

Best car ever
By samantha

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my stratus as a graduation gift. It was my very first car and I loved it. A great choice I must say. I have never had any problems with this car except for people staring as I drive by! It is amazing on gas, great to drive and looks awesome. I have had it for 2 years and still love it. I'm going to upgrade to an 05 or 06 model of the same vehicle because I love it so much.

Easy to drive, comfortable, great stereo system, looks tough, fast, handles well. lets say EVERYTHING.

Dont change a thing!

Ok but I wouldn't write home about it
By ironman2008

2004 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

She is a good road car, I am a person who likes to travel and she does very well with highway driving. But now as she gets older when you step on the gas it's like she is going faster than it really is. And the pedals always have been low. You will think you need new brakes when you really don't.

Cruise Control works great, responds very nicely, very roomy trunk.

The issue with the pedals, the interior looks cheap, and every version

Love the look and feel of this car
By sharon

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The take off response is awesome, holds the road wonderfully. This is the only car that I've ever bought that is actually worth more than what my loan value is!

Stereo, moon roof, chrome wheels

More leg room in the back seat

Excellent Driver
By gesshooo

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I've purchased in more than 15 years. In every aspect, this car has exceeded any and all of my expectations. Gas mileage is great. 22mpg city/31mpg highway. The interior is very comfortable, and the power is more than adequate, especially for a 4 cylinder. Trunk space is huge and storage is fantastic with the rear seats down. What was really impressive is the audio system. I have a new Corvette with a "Bose" system that doesn't compare to the sound in my Dodge. Everything on this car is original except for the front brakes and 4 tires. Reliability is a 10! Wish they still made a coupe, I would but another one immediately.

Excellent sound system, smooth ride and ample power. Plenty of cargo room, and excellent styling in and out.