Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Repairs
By Veronica

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this as first family car. A few months after purchase the car would just stall while driving. It will do this every few months and no reason has been found why. The car was 3 years old when it needed a new starter. A few months later the brakes just stopped working. It seems that after the car was 3 years old, every few months it has needed repairs. For a car that we have always kept up with routine maintenance should be more reliable. Getting ready to trade in and not buy another dodge product.

spacious

Build a care that will be reliable

Ok but I wouldn't write home about it
By ironman2008

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

She is a good road car, I am a person who likes to travel and she does very well with highway driving. But now as she gets older when you step on the gas it's like she is going faster than it really is. And the pedals always have been low. You will think you need new brakes when you really don't.

Cruise Control works great, responds very nicely, very roomy trunk.

The issue with the pedals, the interior looks cheap, and every version

Great Car
By tgrbtr

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to just pass this car by when I was looking, I'm glad I didn't. I needed a car to go back and forth to work in and this car fits that job to a T. It's no rocket but compared to my old '99 Neon it feels like one. I really am glad I found an R/T as there don't seem to be a lot around here. I've added a few things to help out the fun factor (Brembo rotors w/ new pads, K&N filter, Tornado air foil) Can't argue with build quality as it is a Chrysler so I'll forgive some of it, but as a work car or just for running around town it's great!

2.7 provides decent power. Car looks great when compared to my wife's 2004 Taurus and other '04 sedans, Brakes will absolutely pull your eye balls out with the R/T package. Room for the kids and cargo.

You can keep the 3.0 to yourselves. Another 20 horsepower isn't going to get you much. Put on a real exhaust. The single tip needs to be bigger or have a twin sister. Do something about your transmissions. The whine can get a bit tiresome.

Back to my youth by CB
By CB

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I origianally wanted to purchase a 2003 R/T, but wanted to wait till 2006 to buy it and by then it was gone. The wife mentioned to me that the local dealer had another one, but it was a 2004 and we checked it out and drove it home. It has all the options you can get, including a 6 CD changer. I've not been sorry and not problems to date. The drive takes me back to my youth when I could hot rod around and I call this car my hot rod. For an old timer, I really love it.

The power train is great, strong but not overbearing. It'll push you back into your seat for sure. The audio is second to none. Sun roof is a lot of fun too.

Head room is a little sparse, and I wish the tilt steering wheel was different.

Has been an excellent buy!
By stevcaro

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this for economical transportation. Has given us no problems and is great on gas. Had a new 2002 Altima that was more powerful, but as far as the rest, can not really tell much difference. Ride quality is about the same, road noise is less in the Stratus but that could be the different tires. Its not a Lexus, but for my money it a great car!

Great gas mileage. Not a single problem.

It's basic transportation and for the money what do you want?