Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Love my Stratus
By Lori

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about 5 months ago. I was looking for something descent on gas since I was driving a 2001 Ford Explorer. I found the Stratus (mine is black) and I had to have it. I love the interior and the way it drives. The only problem I have is I need to get new rotors because since I bought the car my front end shakes when I apply the brakes. I guess that will only cost me around $200. I have taken my car on a few road trips and I love the stereo and my sunroof.

Sunroof. CD changer and the smooth ride

Not to have the cupholders in such weird spots.

Sad
By KSD

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The '96 was much more enjoyable. The transmission has had trouble since day 1 in the 2003 model, and I've had nothing but trouble dealing with the Dodge dealerships to fix it. Even though the transmission was replaced 6 months after I bought it, it has had problems the whole time of ownership. I've had the car for 3 years. It has left me stranded on more than one occassion. I've never been so disappointed in a car in all my life. I know one thing, my next car won't be a Dodge of any kind, ever again.

Good sound system, and nice highway riding.

Engine overhaul. Not sure if it was just the one I had but this has been a very bad experience so I'm keeping it on the low side. I won't buy another Dodge because of this one. It's not so much as having to have the car fixed, although you want dependability, but Dodge does not back up their cars.

I love my car
By I love this Car

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car 18 months. It's fun to drive and beautiful. Mine is red and got me two tickets shortly after purchase. Since the warranty expired I have noticed quite a bit of wobbling in the front end, and during a traffic jam it over heated. Not sure it's going to be economical in the long run. But maaaaaaaaan I love this car.

Body style, MPG, 4 cd changer, plenty of space in the back for kids (If your not 6 ft tall)

Longer lasting reliability, longer waranty.

How it handled in an accident.
By Al

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was in an accident last week in my 2003 Stratus SE because a fool on a four-lane highway decided to turn left from the right lane, and while I was traveling in that left lane. (He said I was in his blind spot. Guess he never took driver's ed.!) He nearly t-boned me, but I have lived to tell the story. The car was totalled. Both airbags went off, the windshield broke, the front right side sustained much damage, but I was able to get it stopped in a field, not tip over, and pretty much got control as soon as possible. His car was about the size of mine, which helped, but I now have enough faith in the car to buy a 2005 version, which we did just tonight.

Easy to drive and control.

Make a CD player standard. Who uses a cassette these days? Also, things dropped in the middle go into a "no man's land". They are very hard to remove. I have to get in the back and look under the seat. Don't know if the 2005 will be exactly like that since we don't pick it up until tomorrow.

Great Little Car
By KAB

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Stratus SXT Coupe. I purchased it 1.5 years ago and I love it! I have the ocean blue color. I am always getting comments on how "pretty" my car is! My only complaint is that it is very small. I definitely do not recommend it for someone who has children. Car sits a little too low to the ground. The trunk is huge and mine came with a 4 disc CD player which is very nice.

Love the color. Very, very unique! CD player Large trunk.

Sits to low to the ground. Wish it was a little bigger. Back seat area is very small.