Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

How it handled in an accident.
By Al

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was in an accident last week in my 2003 Stratus SE because a fool on a four-lane highway decided to turn left from the right lane, and while I was traveling in that left lane. (He said I was in his blind spot. Guess he never took driver's ed.!) He nearly t-boned me, but I have lived to tell the story. The car was totalled. Both airbags went off, the windshield broke, the front right side sustained much damage, but I was able to get it stopped in a field, not tip over, and pretty much got control as soon as possible. His car was about the size of mine, which helped, but I now have enough faith in the car to buy a 2005 version, which we did just tonight.

Easy to drive and control.

Make a CD player standard. Who uses a cassette these days? Also, things dropped in the middle go into a "no man's land". They are very hard to remove. I have to get in the back and look under the seat. Don't know if the 2005 will be exactly like that since we don't pick it up until tomorrow.

Great Little Car
By KAB

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Stratus SXT Coupe. I purchased it 1.5 years ago and I love it! I have the ocean blue color. I am always getting comments on how "pretty" my car is! My only complaint is that it is very small. I definitely do not recommend it for someone who has children. Car sits a little too low to the ground. The trunk is huge and mine came with a 4 disc CD player which is very nice.

Love the color. Very, very unique! CD player Large trunk.

Sits to low to the ground. Wish it was a little bigger. Back seat area is very small.

Hot Red R/T by Tom in TN
By TVBAR

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my R/T new 16 months ago with 87 miles on the car. I now have a total of 50,000 miles on it. I have not had any repair issues with the car. I change the oil every 3000 miles and follow the required maintinance schedule. I just changed my first set of tires at 48,000 miles. The car runs great, and has a dependable 3.0 ltr engine. This is my 2nd Stratus. I had a 2000 stratus and put over 150,000 miles on it, and it ran great.

I like the sunroof ,and the auto stick is a MUST if you have an automatic. I like the style on the exterior, I get a lot of comments. Has plenty of power for a 6 cylinder.

Back seat is not very comfortable but adequate. Head space is low.

Worth the purchase!
By Sarah B

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We were in the market last August for a car, and came to Edmunds.com. Of all the cars we looked up that we were considering, the 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe had the best review. So we made the purchase and have not been let down! I would tend to agree with the other reviews regarding the emergency brake placement, but other than that we can't complain! Definitely worth the purchase!

Stereo system, sunroof

Emergency brake placement is a bit off.

Not your daddy's old Dodge
By budnelson

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car 15 months....15,000 mile - no problems...lots of compliments on the looks....pearl white color looks sharp when washed....fun to drive

4 disc CD player....sporty style - very peppy for a 147 hp 4 cyl. Instrument cluster very sporty

Cup holder & a power antenna, and a 5 speed manual