Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Sad
By KSD

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The '96 was much more enjoyable. The transmission has had trouble since day 1 in the 2003 model, and I've had nothing but trouble dealing with the Dodge dealerships to fix it. Even though the transmission was replaced 6 months after I bought it, it has had problems the whole time of ownership. I've had the car for 3 years. It has left me stranded on more than one occassion. I've never been so disappointed in a car in all my life. I know one thing, my next car won't be a Dodge of any kind, ever again.

Good sound system, and nice highway riding.

Engine overhaul. Not sure if it was just the one I had but this has been a very bad experience so I'm keeping it on the low side. I won't buy another Dodge because of this one. It's not so much as having to have the car fixed, although you want dependability, but Dodge does not back up their cars.

How it handled in an accident.
By Al

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was in an accident last week in my 2003 Stratus SE because a fool on a four-lane highway decided to turn left from the right lane, and while I was traveling in that left lane. (He said I was in his blind spot. Guess he never took driver's ed.!) He nearly t-boned me, but I have lived to tell the story. The car was totalled. Both airbags went off, the windshield broke, the front right side sustained much damage, but I was able to get it stopped in a field, not tip over, and pretty much got control as soon as possible. His car was about the size of mine, which helped, but I now have enough faith in the car to buy a 2005 version, which we did just tonight.

Easy to drive and control.

Make a CD player standard. Who uses a cassette these days? Also, things dropped in the middle go into a "no man's land". They are very hard to remove. I have to get in the back and look under the seat. Don't know if the 2005 will be exactly like that since we don't pick it up until tomorrow.

It's Just Great!!!
By Yogi4

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is just a great vehicle. I just
have the SE model, so I don't have all
the goodies, but nontheless it performes
great. The gas mileage is good, runs
quiet with just a little road noise. It
handles well and the 4 cylinder is peppy
and made for the do-it-yourself
tune-ups. The engine warms up
unbelievably fast and the heater will
blow you away. But the A/C could be a
little colder. You can use your cup
holders without your cup getting in the
way of anything. The seats are
comfortable even on long trips. Use
semi-synthetic oil, I find that it
improves mileage and smoothness in this
engine. Don't use high priced brake
pads. Just use the cheap semi metallic
pads or it will eat your rotors.

The looks, the ride, the comfort, the dimming interior light and the speakers sound awesome. Not to mention the good gas mileage. The trunk is HUGE!!! The triger like button on the gear shift leaver.

Brakes. Colder A/C (it'll keep you cool though). Window deflectors, if you wash your windshield or if it's raining and your window is cracked or down.... it's coming in.

We like it!
By Susan Kirton

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We just bought it and paid 10,000 for
it.
I didn't want a sedan initially, but I
am very happy with the styling and
solidity of the car.It could use a few
more amonites, but other than that we
are happy wih our purchase.

Color, interior and out. I like the power of the engine. It has a lot of pickup and go . Granted, we are new owners, so I can't yet respond to reliability. But the engine is quiet and the ride is too. I am 5"4, so I really like that the seat belts in the front are adjustable.

Added cup holders, lighter in an easier to reach place, ABS, side airbags.

2nd stratus...good value for your $$
By mr cf

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd stratus & very happy
with it. Only gripe is the doors
squeak. dealer replace all hinges and
they still squeak. brakes are much
improved over previous model. fuel
economy is not as good as previous
model. pretty peppy for a 4cyl car.

this car handles and rides real well. i have driven a camry on vacation and the stratus holds the road much better

car needs to become standard with the window deflectors. your suit will be damp the minute you open the window. dont leave your dodge dealer without them!!!!