Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

1st new car, worst car I ever owned
By sharky65

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car was built cheaply. Here is all the things that have gone wrong with it in the 8 years and 89,000 miles.
year 2 new brakes and rotors
year 3 drivers side window came off the track $300
year 4 new brakes and rotors, gas gauge stopped working causing $300 bill to replace gas pump, heater fan will only work on high
year 5 engine blew up, I had oil change every 3 months, it was under warranty
year 6 new brakes and rotors, all windows rattle inside doors
year 7 transmission had to be rebuilt
year 8 rear strut mounts totally disintergrated because they were made out of cheap aluminum, new brakes and rotors

I can finally get rid of it this year. My wife and I alternate buying cars.

styling

Mopar really went cheap with this car. Maybe they should get out of the car making business.

I miss my Stratus
By abby258

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 stratus brand new.. I loved it, the only reason I no longer own it is because I traded it for an SUV, becuse 3rd baby was not going to fit in the stratus.. I NEVER had any problems with the vehicle, beside normal wear and tear, and regular maintenance. I HATE the BUICK RENDEZVOUS I ended upo trading in for... My review for that is up too! I am thinking about purchasing another stratus, 2006 model. I loved the stratus!!!

Fast and never having any problems with the vehicle!!!

Should ccost a little less...

Kira the Killer
By Cody

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used because it was such a great deal compared to other cars. It has been very dependable, and is overall a wonderful car to own. This is the 2.4 liter SXT model. I would really recommend this car to anyone on a budget. Just remember to buy from a private party.

Sound System! Best I've heard stock. Handling. Seems better than most midsized, even now.

Interior design. Lacks any sort of unique qualities. Power, though always enough, never gets the blood pumping.

Car shuts down on freeway
By sarahleigh

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my stratus for four years. I have had to replace the cold air intake, transmission parts, fuses, water pump, timing belt, and starter. Every few months something else is wrong with this car. The latest episode was the car engine shut off in the middle of th freeway going 70 leaving me without power steering or braking. My car did not give any warning signs before this. no smells, sounds or rough handling. Not only did this car almost kill me but has often left me stranded.

The only positive thing about this car is lots of room for friends and camping gear in trunk

everything

Stratus still going strong
By SE 4 dr sedan

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2003 SE 4 Dr in July 2005 for $9,000. It had 54,000 miles on it. It now has 118,000 miles and I had to replace a tie rod and a blower motor in the 4 years that I owned it. Other than routine maintenance, oil changes, brakes.timing belt, I have had no major problems. This car is fun to drive and I usually get from 25-28 miles per gallon. I have the 2.4 engine. I am looking now to buy a 2006 and keep this one as a second car. This car is light brown and I will try to find a low mileage red one next.

gas mileage/ ease of handling/parking

windshield posts tend to block view