Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Great car - gonna miss it!
By stratusgirl

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my Dodge Stratus - the reason I say "loved" is because I'm about to sell it to my brother. I'm upgrading to an SUV with 4 wheel drive, but if I wasn't, I would keep my Stratus. I also owned a 98 Dodge Stratus before I was in an accident and totalled it out, but my first choice was again, another Stratus. They are great looking, smooth confortable rides, good fuel economy, great get up and go and overall fun to drive. I never once had any maintenance issues with either Stratus I owned. I only had regular oil changes and that was all I ever had to do - these are great cars!

Power driver's seat, trip computer with compass and external temp, V6 engine, but with great fuel economy, reliablility, no major maintenance problems

They should have brought back the heated side mirrors on the newer models like I had on my '98.

Don't waste your money!
By Melissa

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because I loved the look, and it seemed great durning the test drive It's had issues since I bought it! The steering wheel mysteriously locks up, then releases it's self, the brakes and rotors have been changed many times, by different people, so the constant squeaking and grinding I know has to be a problem with the car. The dash board rattles, the road noise is horrible, the windshield wipers are a joke (not the blades, the bolt holding them on, the part that squirts the cleaner, etc) And now the tranny's going out. There's so much more to complain about but I'll just leave it as I'll never buy another and highly suggest no one else does either!

I like the look of the car, and it has a huge trunk. Yup, that's about it.

The overall quality needs major improvements. My car is only 4.5 years old, and the entire thing is falling apart!

Best value for the money, stylish, and unique
By RT in NJ

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car will provide you the best value for your dollars. The car is so stylish and head turner. People will ask if it's really a Dodge. A lot of power and fun to drive, either. This car is awesome!

Style, room in back seats, power

Interior design and quality of dash board and wiring system. Turning radius

Reliable car
By Flo

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my Stratus R/T in 2002 w/about 2K miles. It's now 3/2007 and I have 214K miles on it. So far, I've had no problems with the car. The only repairs that were done to it were those necessary due to wear and tear. Thank God it has a Mitsubitshi engine...if it were a Dodge/Chrysler engine, I don't think the car would have lasted this long.

Good V6 3.0 engine. Looks great 5 yrs later.

Radio needs more power. Speakers are not the best.

i love my little sports car
By courtney

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love my little sports car. I fell in love with it the first time that I drove it and knew I had to have it. It has the perfect amount of get up and go and can get you in lots of trouble if you're not careful. Knock on wood that I have not had any trouble since I bought it. Now that I have gotten married I need a bigger car but I just can not stand the thought of someone else getting my baby. If I could I would keep it as my little run around car. Also I was told that I would not get better than 25 mpg on the highway. Well my little silver sports car fooled them. I get 31 mpg. I am very satisfied.

My favorite features are it has a 5 speed manual transmission, lots of power to get you where you need to go in a hurry. The outside is wonderful. People always comment on how fine my car is, and well really I love everything about it.

I do not really think it needs any improvements.