Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Great while it last!
By Dwillams

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased 2002 stratus with only 86k back in 2007 great car wood grain inside keyless entry, didn't have it for a year they car broke down needed head cover gasket, timing belt, water pump, oil pan needed be replaced, took it to the dealership paid almost 2g's to repair didn't have anymore issues. check engine light has been on past two year keep saying gas cap replaced it 3times never went off, come to find out it was the emissions hoses. I was few month paying it off, but to much was going on with it I traded it in for a 2007 chrysler sebring needed a upgrade! but i got my fun out of that stratus its a good car just dont dog it out!!

wood grain, keyless entry, body style, speed.

need more storage space in the car, cup holders are on the floor! better gas milage not alot to fill it up, but keeping it above half ridiculous!

Never Again
By Steve

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2 dr with 30k miles, had transmission problems @40k. Turning radius is horrible, the front bumper catches on just about every curb you get to close to. I had the passenger window motor replaced twice in one year, sun roof sticks for no reason at all. Alternator died 6 months after i bought the car, road noise was horrible, the engine never wants to start in very cold weather. Aside from ALL the defects, it was a very fun car to drive, very fast, very nimble in turns, great traction on snow/ice/rain..

Big trunk, premium audio was very loud and clear.

103K and no issues
By stan

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Gas, tires, oil, brakes and 1 tie rod end. Not sure I even needed the tie rod. My only expenses after 7 years and 103,000 miles.

OK then Died at 115K
By Goser

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I gambled when I bought this car. My brother works for Chrysler so I thought that I would keep him employed. Frequent brake replacements, Car ok til 70K major repairs= $2500 Luckily I had 7 year 100K drivetrain warranty. This year the engine over heated cost me 2K,(mistake) then the engine blew about 2 months later. Figured tranny next so I junked it. If I would have bought Toyota it would have still been running and worth money. DON'T buy a used one unless you have a death wish!

Pretty fast car, decent handling.

Poor build quality...

Stressed out Stratus
By Stressed out stratus

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At only 54,300 miles the outer tie-rod snapped at joint. Vehicle is not driven hard or abusively. More problems found at time of oil change maintenance 60,000 miles. Good thing I purchased the extended warranty. Oil leak from front of engine. Transmission fluid leak from solinoid pack on side of transmission. Warranty covers work and I pay $100 deductable.

I'd say it's the rear speakers that show that they were made in Mexico. In which are not covered by any warranty, Wattage clearly not compatable and blew the first year. Hey! maybe this entire car was made in Mexico.

I would not recommend buying Dodge Stratus, or Neon. I have owned both vehicles and I am not at all satisfied.