Used 2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I love my stratus
By gibbyprls

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my stratus in October of 2001 with only about 1000 mile on it and now it has 113,561. I love to drive it all the time. It had the original tires on it at 62,353 and my 1 2 3 speed on my air conditioner went out at 96,000 but the 4 speed still works. Even though it a old car i still love it.

Everything

I think Chrysler needs to have better gas mileage.

Good Car until 85K
By redbird

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it used with 30K, and didn't have any major problems until 85K...then it seemed like every month something else went wrong. It started small with a short in the radio which led to several blown fuses. Then the fan motor speeds and rear defrost began to fail. 90K, cracked head gasket. 100K transmission began leaking. Replaced shift pack, started leaking again at 120K. I drove it hard, but it didn't hold up like I expected. Traded it in at 130K.

It got great gas mileage throughout. Liked the fold down rear seats and large trunk. I could replace the headlights myself.

Resolve expensive electrical issues. Easier access to replace brake lights.

Sweet car
By doingstuff

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my car new in '01. No problems. After 8 years finally have had to start spending some cash on it. Repairs here and there, but nothing that's not normal wear and tear

Sleek lines, the drive is smooth. Beautiful car, a joy to own

Stronger engine for the 4 cyl. Better redesign for cup holders

Don's Review
By Don

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with almost 120,000 miles and it drives pretty decent. I've turned several heads with the cars already stylish exterior, with just a few simple mods. First the cars' door molding was shaved to give it the clean look; then I painted my calipers and after market black headlights. After some modifications regarding appearance, I then bought a intake and exhaust system and now I'm up to about 225 hp. You can definitely feel the power and I especially love the improved 0-60 time.

The sunroof, and the autostick, is very fun to use (I like the ability to control the car w/o a clutch).

Sometimes the engine doesn't want to live up to the true amount of HP it has, and the acceleration is depleted. A few people said that it may be my spark plugs, but I wonder if its true that the 2.7 L does have engine sludge problems.

Love my Stratus
By Love the Stratus

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Okay so I'm 18 and I just graduated high school. I'm a typical teen and I really push my car like all teens do lol. I have the 2001 Dodge Stratus 4 door SE Sedan with the 2.4L V4 and i love it! It was my cousin's car and it's mine now. It was originally a rental car so tons of people have driven it including my cousin and me and let's say we're not the best drivers ha ha. I love my stratus. For a midsize sedan with only a V4 it's a great little car. I love the interior and exterior. I love the aggressive dodge look it has from the front. Also for a V4 it preforms well. Its not bad on gas, its 20 city and 28 highway. It could be better but its okay for me. I love it and i would recommend it to anyone!

The smooth ride, the roomy interior, the comfy seats, the AWESOME sound system, huge trunk, and large amounts of storage throughout the interior. I come from a whole family of Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep only owners and none of their cars are bad. I love Dodge. They make excellent cars!

The fuel isn't bad at 20/28 but it could be better. Other than that I don't have any complaints.