Used 2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Bah huumbug
By Mehhh

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've had to replace the transmission sensors about 3 times in 4 years, replaced brakes, and the alternator. The rear windows are no longer working. Just hit 60k. People have said it vibrates a little too much, and the mechanics say it's just the car.

The cup holders

Better reliability.

Ok car with bad brakes
By Jake

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We drove this car for 5 years and put about 75,000 miles on the car. All in all it was a pretty good car. One issue to watch out for is the front brakes wear very fast. When we sold the car it had 102K on it and We had put 4 sets of brake pads and two new rotors. I checked the drums at about 90K and they were less than 1/2 worn. We never had any major issues with the car other than a shift solenoid going bad. The engine is pretty weak and the MPG is less than average.

Cabin area was comfortable and I'm 6'4.

Brakes stink, weak motor, better MPG would be great.

Great Car
By Dave

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Stratus used Jan 2001, since then I have put 250,000 miles on it. I have had very few problems and have put a total of 4000 into upkeep and repairs over the last 6 1/2 years. Even with all this mileage I still get 25 mpg highway. Yes it does need some more work but what vehicle wouldnt that has been a real work horse for 42,000 miles a year.

The large trunk, the sport suspension and the Auto Shift 4 speed transmission. This car is really fun to drive on country roads.

The only thing I would change is the engine compartment, you almost have to remove the engine to change the oil.

What a Versitile Vehicle
By Lisa Greene

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have the larger edition of this vehicle. I can say as a single Mom with family over 2800 miles one way to visit each summer, this car is a champ! Less than $150 in gas from OK to FL in the midst of summer w/ a family of 5. Hail to Dodge. Please, make more like this!

Everthing. This car sings on the highway and is just fun as a scoot-a- about. I love the wide wheel ratio.

Suprising Good Car
By tarfman

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Very cheap to buy. I bought for $4000 under NADA retail 4 years ago. The 2.5 V6 is far better then the 4 cyl. No major problems and very reliable. I have made no repairs to engine or transmission in 60k miles. Although the side cover on the tranny has leaked the entire time and required about a quart every year. I have replaced the outer tie-rod ends twice. I enjoy driving the car and the fuel economy is OK. The leather seats are falling apart. I apply conditioner regularly but they are cracked and tearing. Overall I am very happy. I bought it cheap and it has been very reliable. I did not expect to be so happy with a Dodge.

Autostick, 2.5 V6, fold down rear seat, five spoke wheels, CD changer in console.

The body is cheaply built. Better leather. Tie rod ends should last longer than 20k. Rear ball joints hard to grease.