Used 1994 Dodge Shadow Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Dodge Shadow

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:

In sweet love
By raelee07

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

So, I have had my Shadow for almost four years. And I am super super impressed. It has on it 225,904 miles on it and I am keeping it climbing. I do a lot of traveling. My transmission does not slip a bit and the only big repair I have had to do was the radiator. I tell you no lies. I have had probaby 5 people in the last year offer me at least a grand for it but you know what? Not going anywhere. If and when it does die I want to be the one driving it. If you've got one of these cars, be smart and keep that bad boy. Long live the shadow.

Speed. Oh and I also love that for some reason it almost buzzes when I drive it.

My bumper could have been a little stronger

Great Car
By Jerry

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

Purchased new in 12/93 for my trip cross coutry. The 3.0 V6 was impressive stock, but with a couple minor changes (cold air intake, high flow cat & muffler, larger tires & wheels) it would keep up with Mustangs and Camaros of that year. Ran a 14.0 qtr mile at Maple Grove. As a soldier in the US Army I travelled and the Shadow took me everywhere from Louisiana to Alaska. Over 30K / year for the first 4 years with no problems. Went through lots of tires, but that was my heavy foot, not the car.

Tire smoking power from a little V6

Sunroof whistled at highway speeds, otherwise great for the money

Race
By moparman

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car already torn down, i am using this car to race at a circle track. The car is completely stock no improvements. It is very fast (won the first and only race so far) I race against people who put 2 grand into the car with performance stuff i bought the car for $450 and have put about $250 into it but that is expected with a race car. Only thing I've had to replace was rack and pinion and a starter(plugs and wires)

5 speed/reliability/speed/handling

clutch and flywheel

Best car I ever owned
By wirth85

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

This is the most reliable and fun car I ever driven. It is always reliabe in the winter and handles very well. No engine problems yet and I don't expect any.

My favorite features are that there is plenty of space and the engine is exceptional

I have no improvements that I can think of .

Long term relationship
By shiba

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

Used as dolly vehicle, and everyday car shopping, church etc. Takes curves well mileage to 30 MPG. No problems, stick shift.

Hatch back, light weight, mileage

None I could recommend