Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Still running like a watch!
By Steve Watson

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My last review was when my truck only had 3800 miles. I now have 40k on the odometer and nothing has changed, (with the exception of a repaired fender because of a hit and run at the Palm Beach Gardens Mall!). Truck still runs like a watch and I've pulled my 6x12 enclosed trailer with 3 full dressed HD's, my friends 30' Wellcraft and a broke down Suburban (with a loaded 6x12 UHaul trailer attached) without issue. This truck is a workhorse that has yet to give me one problem. I do admit I should have bought a 2500 (hint to Dodge if you have a left over 2010 you want to trade me into) but the Mega Cab rocks!

Exterior looks and interior room.

Same as my last review: Mileage!! I've also noted that for the same bucks Ford and Chevy offer more standard features. Dodge should address that.

Check engine light
By JOHN R

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Great driving truck, but can not trust driving it and pulling my rv. I have 33,000 miles on diesel and have replaced the turbo. Particle filter, ac, brake and steering lines and cleaned EGR value twice. The dealer charged $529 for cleaning even though cleaning is recommended at 67,500. It stays in shop for repair often. Think I need new exhaust system, any thoughts appreciated.

Power

Replace emissions system and make these in US, not Mexico !

Cummins lover!
By Cumminslover

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

While many have been experienced low fuel economy i do very well. I drive 60 mph and am able to consistently get 21-23 mpg on the freeway at those speeds, hand calculated! Ive only had my truck two months but i have put 8000 miles on it during that time. I really don't like the seats though, might take them to a specialty seat place and have them make them more comfortable. As long as you go slow with the new 6.7 L cummins it is a great motor. Don't buy from Broadway dodge they have horrible service.

Exhaust Brake, towing power, fast, decent ride, infinity sound system, looks amazing, flat floor with the rear seats folded up

Seats need to be more comfortable (has been addressed in the 2010 models), less plastic in the interior.

Never Again
By jdavis

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have written one review a few months after I bought it; however, times have changed. I have owned it now 2 1/2 years and I can assure you of one thing: first and last Dodge. Multiple recalls, the ride is getting worse, gas mileage sucks beyond belief, check engine light comes on why? Should I have bought a Ford? don't know, but what I do know is this: NEVER AGAIN. Dodge can take my 40k and shove it. It's for sale if you know anyone looking for a nice truck....

That its for sale

YES...all the above

fender flairs making me sick
By Carse

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This beautiful Resistol Mega Cab has fender flairs that are being destroyed by stone chips.I had to pay for front mud flaps and which hasnt helped .Dodge built a beautiful truck and made a big mistake with the design of the rear flairs.We will see if they help to correct the situation.A $70,000 truck being ruined by stupid design.

Tons of towing power and braking power.Handles trailers with ease and safety.Only 60k so we'll see out about durability .

A truck worth 70grand should come with mud flaps,bug deflectors and Chrysler should redesign the flairs as well as assiting with the expense of somehow protecting those presently on the road.