Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Disappointment
By gbl

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

New transmission and exhaust brake are excellent. Fuel economy is horrible. Around town we now get about 13 mpg even after 40,000 miles. Towing a 10k trailer we get about 9 mpg. We've already had two different problems with the emissions system. We understand there's a class action suit brewing on this item for all the 6.7's. A quick search on the internet will bring you up to date on this. We loved the 5.9L (had two of them) as it had great power and we usually got over 20 mpg after 50,000 miles. Overall it was a step in the wrong direction, mainly due to the emissions system, and it's still not fixed on the 2010 models.

Transmission, exhaust brake and good pulling power.

Get rid of the emission system and the headaches it brings and give us back the good mileage. The total package negated the whole benefit of having a diesel.

Buyer Beware!!!
By 3timedodgeowner

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a 3 time Dodge owner: 97 3500, 04 3500, and now 07 3500 owner. I have never had a less reliable truck. Dodge has really let its committed buyers down. My truck has now been in dealer 12 times within its 1st 60000 miles. Each time for emission system and have been told Dodge is working on the problem. In 2 years since purchasing I thought for sure they would have come up with a fix. Now I cannot even believe they are working on it, just re-repairing vehicles as they come in. They have replaced turbo, numerous filters and reprograms. Fuel economy has dropped considerably. I bought as business vehicle, which has now caused that to suffer. Has been is shop 4 times in last 3 weeks so BEWARE.

When it runs.

Emissions, Emissions, Emissions! Keep it running. Better fuel mileage. Solve before you lose more trusted customers.

Good Truck.
By Megadiesel

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I see some people are complaining about fuel milage, I can tell you that I get about 20 hwy and about 16.5 in city. Best truck ever.

Diesel love the smell...

Long bed.

3rd vehicle
By Scooter K

As a 3rd vehicle 'The Beast' doesn't get driven everyday which is good because it is very large and stiff. However the towing is great. Tows like a dream and tons of interior room in the mega cab. Gas mileage is averaging about 2-3 miles less than the Duramax I had previously except when towing then it's a little better. 7 hour highway trip towing to the Florida Keys with a 15,000+ lb load I get 9.5 mpg if held to 60 mph. Around town 11-12 mpg with no load. Added air bags to level the truck when loaded; work great.

Exhaust brake, 6 speed, mega cab, quieter motor.

How many name badges does this truck need? Took them all off.

Bad fuel mileage
By Cowboy45

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my frist dodge product. I'm satisfied with everything about this truck except the fuel mileage. Its the 5.9 cummins diesel 6 speed manual. I'm only getting 12 mpg on and off the hwy without a load. My dad gets 16 mpg with a full load of horse"6" in his 03' F-250 power strike. Everyone tells me it'll get better once it breaks in, it only has 29,669 miles on it. It's going to break me before it breaks in. Overall it is a good farm and hwy truck.

Pulling power, 6 spd trans, sound of engine, pick up speed