Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Great Truck
By Ryan

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and it has the 5.9 HO diesel engine. This is a great truck for pulling a trailer with a loader on it, or pulling your 20' boat to the lake. I now have 35500 miles on it and the fuel mileage keeps improving. Currently averaging 16.5 to 18 mpg at 65 mph. One thing that I would say is get a manual transmission instead of the 4-speed automatic. My last truck was a 1998 dodge 2500 that had a manual instead of the automatic and I got 2 to 3 mpg better fuel mileage. I have not had any problems with this truck and overall would recommend it to my friends.

5.9 Liter HO Cummins Engine, Manual shift on the fly 4X4, Power heated mirrors, Big Horn edition.

Steps to get in and out of the truck.

6.7 L diesel has major problems
By dog

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.7L diesel has major problems. The engine clogs. I have had the truck contantly into the shop. Dodge does not have parts available and does not seem to have a fix designed. The engine parts need to be replaced or cleaned constantly. The fuel economy and power drop with each trip to the dealer. I seriously recommend NOT buying a Dodge with this engine. I paln to try to get different truck via the lemon laws in our state. The truck has been in the shop for the same problem over and over and is going in again soon.

None

Fix engine!!!!!!!!

Decent Truck
By Decent Truck

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this truck for 16 months. Overall it has been a decent truck. The truck has been back to the dealer 3-4 times for emission problems. I feel this is an ongoing issue that may never be resolved on the truck.I use the truck to drive to and from work and to pull trailers on the week-ends.The truck works great for that.

The overall looks of the Dodge.

Improve the interior. The light grey color is not acceptable for a truck I use to work out of. The emissionnisuue is a huge issue that should have been resolved before selling to consumers. Fuel mileage needs to improve. The mileage I am getting is unacceptable from a diesel puick-up.

6.7 needs to be driven!
By Greg

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my 2007 Dodge 3500 6.7 for a year and 12000 miles and love it. You need to drive these things like you are borrowing them ie. get on them! Helps to keep them clean, and is a lot of fun. Don't just drive them in town. I pull a 5th wheel rv with great ease and get 14mpg doing it, and 17-20 without it.

6 speed manual, engine brake, total towing truck

Make more of the options standard,

Ram 2500 6.7L diesel
By Keola

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my Ram for 15 months and have had to bring it to the shop a few times, but the dealership took care of it. I love this truck, tons of power, but marginal fuel economy. Avg 17mpg. I put a leveling kit and some beefier tires and with this winter weather in Washington I have been able to drive anywhere. We take long road trips every chance we get and our Cummins continues to purr. I love it

Gawdy power from the diesel, comfortable interior, the awesome look of the Dodge

Fuel economy, cab storage, larger tires