Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Great truck, Great price!
By JasonW

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've always been a "Chevy man" but when it was time to buy my first new truck, I couldn't look the other way when presented with the facts: -Twice the (powertrain) warranty -More horsepower and torque -Better mileage -Legendary Cummins motor -About $5,000 cheaper etc, etc. Looks great, handles great (for a truck), tows great. Stops on a dime. Couldn't ask for anything more. I'm am extremely satisfied with this vehicle. 21,000 problem free miles so far.

22 mpg highway. 19 mpg city/hwy mixed. 15 mpg pulling a 5,000lb trailer. This diesel rocks!

Sheet metal seems to dent easily, and is too thin. Paint chips off easily along bottom from driving gravel roads. Needs a 5 speed auto to keep up with the competition.

The Big Red Ram
By Ed H

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this thing. The style rocks. The Hemi power, handling, visability, the gizmos I get to play with included in the Laramie package. Sirius radio. The amount of storage places in this thing is great! It tows a 6000lb trailer with no problems!

Sirius radio, sound system quality, HEMI, storage places, driveability, handling, overall quality, reliability, and who doesen't like the looks of this thing??

Gas mileage, I average 12, which isn't bad for a 7000lb truck, but that's the real only gripe I have. The turn radius is large. I wish side steps were an option, I'm gonna put in some retractable running boards to fix that.

Traded Toyota... Don't regret it...
By JWalker

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my Tundra in on this truck.. and I got the big diesel $5K upgrade package with 4speed automatic. Loved my Toyota, but I bought a 10K lb. enclosed trailer and it felt like the trailer was driving the truck. I have no problem towing with this truck and recently did so in a level 3 snow emergency with no problem! My Tundra got 14-18 MPG... this gets 15-22mpg and it is a heck of a lot larger. 6'4" tall person fits comfortably in the back seat. The suspension is for towing... so it can be rough. Tundra could go 40mph over speedbumps and RR tracks.. Do that here and you get airborne, but that is expected. PS - use diesel conditioner in cold temperatures or it won't run. Dealer didn't mention that

Fold out mirrors for towing!.. and under seat storage... Both are very convenient!

Ash tray is cheap and may not open.. or may not stay closed depending on its mood. The ashtray in my $2000 Neon is 100 times nicer. Also... Work on elimating the rattle made by the fold flat storage shelves... Love them.. hate the occasional noise.

Great truck
By ben

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Wonderful economy for a 3/4 ton truck. I can get about 18 MPG average w/no trailer and 13 MPH with about 10k pounds of cattle and trailer. My kids love the rear seat and there is plenty of storage room. Two complaints: More lumbar support would be nice and my driver side grab handle came loose 2 weeks after I bought the truck. I am 6'0 195, so I should not be too large for it. I am going to get a 2005 for the added HP and torque.

The diesel engine is very quiet and gets about as good fuel economy as one would expect. The style is wonderful. This truck looks tough!!

Better seats, they are OK but could be better.

my review
By cummins

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck has a ton of power and has
got to be the best looking truck out
there.The only thing the truck needs
is a five speed automatic tranny.

styling the power the ride the coolness

needs a five speed automatic tranny