Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

A real truck
By cummins diesel

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my Toyota Tundra for the Dodge with a Cummins, because my Tundra couldnt handle my large fifth wheel travel trailer. The Cummins is awsome. It pulls my 12,000 lb. trailer like its not even there. I have to be careful or I will look down and be doing 80 mph without even knowing it. This truck will pull a house, it has terrific brakes, they stop on a dime. Fantastic heavy duty suspension. I can load this truck and it barely squats. A real mans truck. All this and I get 22 to 25 mpg highway and I still get around 15 pulling a trailer. The Cummins starts perfectly cold or hot. Great truck

The commanding road view and feel. Fun to drive. The smooth and strong cummins power, and fuel economy. The heavy duty work truck capability.

The body metal dents a little too easily. Paint needs to be more durable. Air conditioner freezes up at high speeds on really hot days. But I am told that adding an elbow to the drain condenser drain hose will fix it.

Fuel system n/g
By Robert Kelley

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my ram diesel in the shop 3 times due to fuel system problems mostly the fuel pump dodge tells me it's my fault and don't want to warranty it.

power & fuel mileage

fuel filtering system

good truck
By ccallahan

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is an all around good truck. The 2500 hemi has lots of power but poor gas mileage. The only poor quality is the paint, which scratches very easy.

lots of power

Use a higher quality paint and better gas mileage

Sad in Fla
By sad in Fla

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Getting ready to put the third transmision in the beast. Great truck except for Dodge not being able to build a decent transmission. Love the Cummins engine. Wish the transmission was up to the rest of the truck.

Cummins engine

Find someone to provide a decent transmission. Dodge obviously can't do it on their own.

The Best Truck I have Owned Yet!
By Deej DVS

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I drove Chevy trucks and with a new 28 ft 5th wheel I had to get a deisel. I cannot say enough about this truck. I was test driving Ford F-350's for months until I finally test drove this 2003 2500 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel 4x4 SLT. Wow! This truck had 99,661 miles on it and this was the first time I ever drove a truck and just smiled! I love this truck in every way and it has torque for days. I took my 5th wheel to Breakenridge Colorado (10,000+ feet) from Colorado Springs, CO. and never even knew that it was back their with the wife and three kids worth of stuff! Even passed people with my foot barely on the gas! Looking foward to many more trips.

Cummins HO turbodiesel

Unlock doors when key is shut off and headrest on the back seats