Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

I'm impressed.
By IdaAg93

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just sold my '04 Silverado 2500 for a Dodge Cummins 2500, QC, 4x4, SB 6-speed, and there is no comparison in quality, toughness, stability, and workmanship. This Dodge is a much better vehicle than the Chevy and I'm a Chevy man for 20 yrs. I just crossed over. It handles better, feels more solid, steering is more precise, handles rough roads better, feels like it cost much more. This truck is one yr older and has 150k more miles than what I had. It feels and drives like it's this yrs model. Wished I'd driven a Dodge long ago.

Cummins power. Interior fit and finish. Handling on the road. Compartments.

Sheet metal. Automatic lights like Chevy. Small cup holders. Drinks tip over easily.

Fun to Drive but some issues.
By Ken

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The 5.7 Hemi has allot of power to both pull my boat and get into traffic. I also like the layout of storage under the back seats. The compartments are good at keeping things in order and out of the way. The gas mileage on this truck will drive the best to curse at the gas pumps. Also, the steering is very sensitive to road bumps and at times scary. The interior dash has cracked in several places and I've noticed that trend in other dodge trucks that my friends own. The truck is fun to drive and has allot of power for towing. I'd consider buying dodge again but with the deisel power plant to improve the gas mileage and hope they upgraded the plastic on the dash!

The Power of the Hemi engine and the storage in the back under the seats. Plus, it's just fun to drive.

Better gas mileage, better plastics on the dash and resolving the front suspension to have better control with rough roads.

Ram 03 2wd quad
By George

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It has lasted through 3 hobbies so far. A fifth wheel camper, a horse trailer, and now a 24ft cabin cruiser. It is the Laramie, edition with separate climate control for the front passenger, great for me and the wife. The leather has held up, mo cracks. It has pulled my stuff to Canada and back, Iowa and back and Key West and back. I live in NC. Still love this truck. I got the 2wd because, I new I'd be on the highway most of the time. A few times I could have used 4wd, but I enjoy the ride and fuel efficiency. 5.9 cummins standard output with a chip. I get 20 to 22 mpg empty. I can pull the 14 ft gooesneck and get 17mpg. With the 25ft fifth wheel I got 14 mpg.

I like the Quad cab for storage and passengers. Love the split climate control, ^ disc CD changer and heated seats. The leather in the front has been very confortable and tough as well.

A telescopic steering wheel would be nice and auto climate control would be a nice improvement. Mine is, turn it up or down as the sun changes.

Best Truck Ever! Hemi Power
By JB

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I was never a big Dodge fan before, but I am now. This has been the most reliable truck I have owned and without a doubt it should last me at least another 100,000 miles or so. The gas mileage I think is pretty exceptional considering this is a 5.7 liter engine in a heavy duty truck. I was never one to go for the smaller gas engines especially since I didn’t want to sacrifice power over a few extra miles per gallon. I have received more compliments about this truck than any of the others brands. If I were to buy another truck it will be very hard for me not to consider another Ram.

The Hemi power, ground clearance,and especially the design.

I wish it had more comfortable seats.

Peice of junk
By silverbuck

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Replaced all u joints, front hub, front drive shaft and the motor, yes the motor and this is my everyday family vehicle, pampered everyday. Terrible on fuel.

Engine sound, exterior looks great.

Everything other than the exterior the truck needs a serious overhaul, my truck has lived in the shop. I hate it. I sent an e-mail to Dodge about my truck with all of the repairs and the only thing they said was sorry about your look, hope you will continue to buy dodge products. WOW